Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anika022

Ways to shorten time of doing the regimen?

Hi,

I've been on the regimen for almost 4 weeks now. It seems to be working good, I don't have any new pimples forming. However I'm almost feeling a bit discouraged because I don't have enough time to really do the regimen properly in the morning. I'm a widowed mother to a 11 month old boy. He is very active so I can't just stand in front of the mirror for up to 8 minutes rubbing in the BP cause he gets loose and gets into everything! It's just that the washing, BP, moisturising and waiting for them to dry takes almost an hour itself. But then I have to do my make up as well (yes I have to) and that takes another 20 minutes or so. I'm dashing in and out of rooms to try get it all done but I feel bad leaving my son alone while I'm trying to do all this. The 2 pumps seems like a lot and it takes a while to absorb. I don't mind doing it at night when my sons in bed, but the mornings are hectic. Is there any way to shorten the time it takes? Or could I atleast just use 1 pump of BP in the morning so it absorbs faster? Thanks in advance for reading my long post..

Many people that are rushed in the morning find that the best option is to work The Regimen into your schedule. You could try something like cleansing, then making breakfast for yourself and your son while you wait, then applying the BP (which does take some time to do, but that's the cost of doing business), then getting your son dressed for the day while you wait for the BP to dry, then moisturizing.

Making sure that you get other things done between the steps can help make The Regimen more efficient.

Some people have also found that applying the BP in front of a fan can help reduce the amount of time it takes to absorb and dry.

Hope that helps. : )

whenever i didn't have a lot of time, I would go to a fan. Can usually get that 15 minute job of absorbing done in about 5 minutes.

First off, my consolences to you and your son on your loss. That must be incredibly hard.

I also have a young son, (2 years old!), so I understand this challenge. Some thoughts: Do you have a high chair, jumper, or bouncer you could put him in? When my son was younger, I could set him up in his bouncy chair, swing, or jumper and he would play happily while I did dishes, brushed my teeth, whatever. I could wheel it closer to me, so I could keep an eye on him and still talk to him, while doing whatever I needed to. I still will put him in his high chair with some toys when I need to get something done, but need him safely contained! There's also the option of getting up earlier to get the regimen done, but sleep is precious and I hate to suggest that!

The previous poster has some good ideas, too. There's nothing saying you have to do the entire regimen in one sitting. I often do it in stages, waiting for everything to dry in between.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for all the ideas. I have an exersaucer but he doesn't really like to go in it, he's a really really active baby. I thought about getting up earlier but that would mean like 5 am and yea sleep is precious with a baby! I will try the fan see if that works.