Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

This fake improvement unnerves me

Hey all,

I've been using the leds for a while now. My skin genuinely looks better but i know it is an illusion. I know the moment i stop using it, my skin will return to the way it was. my pores/scars close up when i use it and my colouring is more even. if i dont use it for a few days, my skin looks horrible again.

I feel so artificial. Is it natural to feel like this?

Edited by sydney_fellow

Yes it's natural to feel like that.

It may be an illusion to you, but to other people who have no idea that you're treating your skin, it's not an illusion.

Hey all,

I've been using the leds for a while now. My skin genuinely looks better but i know it is an illusion. I know the moment i stop using it, my skin will return to the way it was. my pores/scars close up when i use it and my colouring is more even. if i dont use it for a few days, my skin looks horrible again.

I feel so artificial. Is it natural to feel like this?

Just exactly which LED are you using?

I see you are on accutane as am I so you're just the person im looking to talk to.

I was thinking of purchasing a LED device in order to help healing whilst on accutane and in future scar traeatments I do. Have you noticed it making any difference at all with your skin and healing? I have gotten a new scar or 2 and seem to be getting scarred pores all over the place and have only been on tane for a month. I'm unsure why your skin looks poor after not using the LED light for a few days. I thought any improvements to the skin were permanent but I guess this is not the case. Yoy say your scars and pores actually close up whilst your using the LED daily?

I hate the feeling of not knowing whether I'll one day be satisfied with my face. I think this is the key point whice makes me lose sleep at night. That leads to stress and it just continues in a big circle. I fear home treatment will damage my skin more as I got atleast 1 new scar from dermarolling but I think that was my fault. If I recieve any new scars from rolling in the future I don't think I would roll again.

I wouldnt even date a girl until I am happy with my face, quite sad really but it's just me.

The same thing would happen to a lot of people on the regimen, and a lot of people just treating their acne in general. Maybe it just feels more fake because you're sitting in front of a gadget instead of rubbing something into your face... but if it works for you, then great!

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good, and doing things to achieve that goal, as long as your self-esteem isn't based off of those things.

Its no differnent than everything else in life. If I dont brush my teeth in the morning they look gross. Its not an illusion its a maintenance program