Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Victoria

One problem I have

My face is completely clear. Really really really Clear except for the black heads on my nose.

What the hell do I do to get rid of them? My skin is great except for them and for some reason the accutane didn't get rid of them. Its so frustrating :angry: when you are so close to perfection except for dumb blackheads.

I thought it was weird that the accutane didnt get rid of the blackheads on my nose but did get rid of them everywhere else. I think it's because Ive damaged the pores on my nose from picking and squeezing it. (my pores are huge now) :wall:

Help.

Any suggestions?

Retin-A and Retin-A Micro both worked really well for mine (I started with Retin-A, then switched to 'Micro). I didn't have many to begin with, but the ones I did have were very stubborn and I'm almost completely rid of them now. Two days ago, I started Tazorac .1%, so maybe that'll finish off the rest. After Accutane, topical retinoids are probably the best way to deal with blackheads because their primary purpose is to unclog pores (or "modify abnormal follicular keratinization" to quote the 'Micro drug information insert). Salicylic acid products are also a non-prescription option, though I haven't yet tried any of those myself. Hope that helps smile.gif .... Oh, and I must say that the retinoids can substantially improve the overall look of your skin after the initial reddening phase B) . Good luck!

Victoria,

how many milligrams are you taking a day? that is so great your face is completely clear *smiles*. I can't wait until mine is. . .

Lauren

LOL, go and get a facial. I'm on accutane 10mg/day, and on week 8, and they still didn't come out (though lots of them can be seen falling out). My breakouts decreased like 100%. Since you're on accutane, after the facial, the blackheads won't return.

I would "give it time" but Ive been on accutane for 5 months...

for dosages I started at 40mg for 2 months then 60 for a month and Ive been on 80 for the last two

thanks, Ill try and get retin-a