Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zh17

Facing Future: My accutane log.

Hey everyone! After many failed treatments, including the acne.org regimen, Doxycicline, retin a, Bactrim, epiduo, differen, and countless OTC products I was officially prescribed accutane this morning to clear up my moderately severe face and shoulder acne.

Some history about me, bad acne runs in my family, my dad had severe face and body acne as a kid and took accutane in 1982 as soon as it came out. I started breaking out at around 14. I'm 16 now (turn 17 in about a month), stand about 6" 1' and weigh about 170 pounds. I'm going to be a senior in high school this year =]]]]]] I hope to attend the College of William and Mary in beautiful Williamsburg Virginia next year. I enjoy reading, writing, biking, music and tinkering with computers.

As of now, I don't know the size of my dosage, the pharmacy didn't have it in stock and had to order it for pickup tomorrow. I guess we'll see then.

I hope to clear up permanently so I can face my future with one less worry, one less item of baggage.

Keep tuned in everyone!! I'll try to keep this updated with pics and writing once every week or so!

Congratulations, you've just made the best decision of your life! Definitely get acne out of the way well before you start college. It's hard enough as it is, and for god's sake you'll want to have FUN! Acne just takes the fun out of everything. So here's hoping you won't have to go through what I had to this past spring semester. :)

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Amy