Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy36

Help...Advise

Hello All,

Currently on the 7th week of Retina .1% and BP 5% treatment; I currently do not have acne :dance: but I do however have whiteheads or milia. I cannot determine between the two tho. they are not inflamed and I tried to get these suckers out by squeezing these suckers out ( I tried and ended up taking off the skin with it = SCAB ! ugghhhh)...I have written my regimen down as my sig. But I am having difficulty including my BP during the morning (humidity makes me sweat alot and end up BP dripping/sliding right off) and at afternoon if I get home early, i usually put it on. But lately I've been getting off pretty LATE so I'm not able to put BP when I usually do. I apply Retina .1% at night. I was thinking do a 2 days on Retina at night, then 2 days of BP at night? So I'm actually alternating them every 2 days. Will I still see results of less whiteheads? Or should I continue Retina every night? Please let me know of you personal experiences of what is best.

Prior to my retina .1% regimen, i was on Dan's regimen for 6 months and saw great results! But they came back with a vengeance and the BP couldn't keep them in control. So I decided to get on Retina to take care of these suckers (minor pimples and whiteheads) and at the same time get 'young & smooth' skin. So let me know guys. Thanks a bunch ! !

**ps** I would post pics so ppl would know my progress and what I'm talking about. But my MACBOOK is not that user friendly and can't figure it out...sorry g

**ps** I would post pics so ppl would know my progress and what I'm talking about. But my MACBOOK is not that user friendly and can't figure it out...sorry guys..

Edited by Andy36

Hi Andy :wavey: I know what you're going through, I have those stubborn little white head thingys too. I went to an esthetician to get out most of them out and from then on I exfoliate everyday and us clinque spot gel with 2% Salicylic Acid in it.

I wouldn't use BP while using RetinA they're both strong and when used together will cause too much irritation, your doctor should have told you not to use BP with RetinA.

Anywho-- I use a retinA substitute product, then I moisturizer then I get a magnifying mirror and put the spot gel on any small white or the millia areas.

O and for what it's worth I use a makeup primer and makeup with 2% S.A. as well

I use aspirin as an exfoliant or exfoliates from Burt's bee like the citrus one. I can only find this @ the health food stores http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/...cial-scrub.html or the peach and willow deep pore you can find @ any walgreen or cvs http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/...pore-scrub.html

There's also another one from dermdoctor i've never tried it but here's a few links I found to help me:

DermDoctor on milia: http://www.dermadoctor.com/article_Milia_56.html

PurseForum on milia: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beauty-bar/...lia-103533.html

Hope this helps good luck.

Ok here's whats going on now and please someone tell me THIS IS GONNA END SOON!! Currently on my 60 days regimen (9th week) and I have NO ACNE!! BUT ALLOOOOT OF WHITE-HEADS!!! GRRRR..... It wouldn't be so bad but I was on a 3rd date and she told me...YOU HAVE ALOT OF WHITEHEAD!! WTF!!!!.....(i was thinking...i should stab ur eye with my plastic fork and see how that feels!!) She couldn't tell me this during the 1st or 2nd date but had the guts to tell me on the 3rd?? Anyways, at least we're still cool... :ninja:

Stopthemaddness, Im using your regimen but having difficulty finding clinique 2% SA. They only carry 1% SA here in Japan, okinawa (I'm here for work for 2 yrs....And its FREAKING HUMID!!!)

My current regimen (thanks to stopthemaddness):

AM

Cetaphil soap

Oil of Olay moisturizer w/ 15 spf

PM

Cetaphil soap

then I alternate applying at night (Retina micro .1% then next night BP 2.5 from Dan's regimen, then the next night Tretinoin .025 % )--I've been on THIS NEW REGIMEN for 1 week. And will keep you guys posted. As for now, no new changes. My 90 day (12 week) is getting close and I have NO NEW PIMPLES, its just the stubborn WHITEHEADS that people look at when I have a conversation with them....THAT'S SO SUPER EMBARRASSING. So please HELP! ! ! ! ! ! !

Ok here's whats going on now and please someone tell me THIS IS GONNA END SOON!! Currently on my 60 days regimen (9th week) and I have NO ACNE!! BUT ALLOOOOT OF WHITE-HEADS!!! GRRRR..... It wouldn't be so bad but I was on a 3rd date and she told me...YOU HAVE ALOT OF WHITEHEAD!! WTF!!!!.....(i was thinking...i should stab ur eye with my plastic fork and see how that feels!!) She couldn't tell me this during the 1st or 2nd date but had the guts to tell me on the 3rd?? Anyways, at least we're still cool... :ninja:

Stopthemaddness, Im using your regimen but having difficulty finding clinique 2% SA. They only carry 1% SA here in Japan, okinawa (I'm here for work for 2 yrs....And its FREAKING HUMID!!!)

My current regimen (thanks to stopthemaddness):

AM

Cetaphil soap

Oil of Olay moisturizer w/ 15 spf

PM

Cetaphil soap

then I alternate applying at night (Retina micro .1% then next night BP 2.5 from Dan's regimen, then the next night Tretinoin .025 % )--I've been on THIS NEW REGIMEN for 1 week. And will keep you guys posted. As for now, no new changes. My 90 day (12 week) is getting close and I have NO NEW PIMPLES, its just the stubborn WHITEHEADS that people look at when I have a conversation with them....THAT'S SO SUPER EMBARRASSING. So please HELP! ! ! ! ! ! !

GOING ON 11th week in 2 days!! but my whiteheads that pop up within 4 days becomes INFLAMED. AND when i do pop them, its like pus with a seed in it. All of them are like that...with seeds? wth?? Iam loosing hope and will stop this soon. Ive been searching the threads/messge boards and seem like i'm the only one that have this. I HAVE NO ACNE BUT WHITEHEADS IS EQUALLY EMBARRASSING when talking to people. Should I switch to differin? I am 37, asian male, live in humid weather tht doesnt help either. I was using retina micro .1% to get the exfoliate/young skin again. I asked my Dr to switch it to .025% trentoin to see if it helps. I am thinking if I should ask him for Differin instead. Any input PLSS!!

anyone???

lol, listen I know your pain, I once had a guy who was always telling me i'm hot and this and that and then in my car one night he asks why the light's off, then turns it on and says "turn it off, you look better" - that was very nice. douch. i shoulda said something to insult his manhood at that point. lol.

Anyway. the first time I went on retin-a it cleared my skin miraculously. However, I was on minocycline at the time (first time on minocycline or any oral meds for skin) which is probably why it worked so well.

I don't know if these are considered whiteheads but i got exactly what you are talking about, i would get these little tiny bumps with no pus, but if I squeezed, a little tiny yellow plug would come out (looked like a seed too). My guess is, this is the way the retin-a works, is to surface all the plugs.

I am on retin-a now, and i am once again, getting those little "seeds" in my skin... but Im happy about it, because they are surfacing rather than staying plugged under the surface till it becomes inflamed and turns into cystic acne.

I find that either steaming my face or especially using a warm compress really helps everything surface.

I am also on BP & Clindamycin (it is a 2.5 bp, for my low tolerence) during the day for the inflamed acne I have. yes, skin gets very oily and disgusting. i hate having creams on during the day... but using oil blotting sheets or even some unbleached napkins are very helpful at absorbing the excess oil.

In my opinion, if u are seeing even just a little improvement, I wouldn't change to differen or start adding new products... because with the retin-a, it is very easy to irritate and damage your skin, since it actually makes your skin thinner. maybe u can use a very low percent salicylic acid pad (stridex sensetive .05%) but see how ur skin reacts before u get all crazy with adding products lol.

I have heard differen is essentially the same thing as retin-a, but retin-a is natural and differen is a synthetic form. some people prefer one of the other. I personally like retin-a micro - since that has worked the best for me in the past.

oh and ps.... the retin-a pea size, is exactly that - like the size of a pea, very little... it is very easy to get tempted and put on a little extra lol.... but if u do, and ur skin isn't already adjusted, you can really burn it. if u have the retin-micro pump--- its two pumps (I use 3 tho)

Edited by imfromnj

imfromnj--is this whiteheads going to end SOON? or am I near the end that its only whiteheads are the ones coming out? I just wish it has a date of when it will end,but thts asking too much...lol.

I'm glad i don't feel alone on this issue. The 'seeds' is bugging me so much!

How do you get rid of them? or do you just wait for it to take its course? any meds you can take to make the whiteheads NOT SO visible? They just look so NASTY / HORRIBLE after sweating from the humidity. ....I cannot stand it! I feel that I need to quit this regimen! I feel so LOW of how the current condition is. And I just reached 100 DAYS!!! I thought it should be ALL GONE by NOW!!

Edited by Andy36

imfromnj--is this whiteheads going to end SOON? or am I near the end that its only whiteheads are the ones coming out? I just wish it has a date of when it will end,but thts asking too much...lol.

I'm glad i don't feel alone on this issue. The 'seeds' is bugging me so much!

How do you get rid of them? or do you just wait for it to take its course? any meds you can take to make the whiteheads NOT SO visible? They just look so NASTY / HORRIBLE after sweating from the humidity. ....I cannot stand it! I feel that I need to quit this regimen! I feel so LOW of how the current condition is. And I just reached 100 DAYS!!! I thought it should be ALL GONE by NOW!!

I think that you should talk to your doctor about going on antibiotics, but only if you are currently getting inflamed acne. However, by the way you describe it, I don't think you are. I am talking like pustules or cysts. The antibiotics will help speed up the clearing process and also the reason they put u on it is to help keep you not get an initial breakout. But I am against antibiotics since they are a temporary fix and can make it worse in the long run as well as cause side effects.

The thing i have noticed with retin-a is that u have to be so very dilligent in using it every day. I don't see the same results if I alternate dayes, or forget to apply.

Now the other reason u can be getting whiteheads that are not surfacing til u squeeze them is bc ur using cetaphil.... which is a great cleanser btw, since u need to be gentle... but maybe u can find a gentle scrub to use once a week or so to help exfoliate. But i have read to get a scrub with synthetic beads since they are uniform and do not damage the skin. (as opposed to say st ives apricot scrubs which is natural)

I do not use scrub since I do not like the idea of scratching my skin like that.... but I use a clarisonic skin brush which is basically an overpriced lol, very soft vibrating brush which doesn;t irritate my skin at all but mildy exfoliates. a washloth can prob do the same.

so in conclusion lol.... if ur getting inflamed pimples with pus or cysts. Yes look into getting on oral antibiotics for a month. If u are just getting little under the skin bumps with seeds. No need, the retin-a is working. give it time.