Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strwberry2178

On BC but still have oily skin....?

So I've been on Ocella for 2 months...and I'm going to the doctor to switch to something else today...but I was just wondering if the BC is working to control oil production even if I still get an oily forehead and chin during the day. I also use benzaclin on my face in the morning..so I'm wondering if it has to do with that too. It used to keep my oil in check for like 2-3 years...and this past year or so I've noticed that even when using it in the morning...by mid-day...my face is oily and shiny again! I don't use a moisturizer..but I've been told that I should because that might help with oil as well...but I'm not sure which to use because there are so many. Is BC supposed to totally get rid of oil...or just help it some?

Edited by strwberry2178

i don't think bc gets rid of oily skin completely. its SUPPOSED to help, but i saw no differience. ive been on tri sprintec for 2 years and saw no differience, if anything it got worse, but i think it just got worse as my acne got worse and i got older. but it never helped with oily skin. i was going to switch to yaz cuz i heard that does help oily skin but my doc wouldn't perscribe it cuz of the "dangers". BUT i did go on Spiro (its in my signature) and its a hormonal medicine that helps with acne and oily skin. it has helped my oily skin like no other. and with each increased dose it gets less oily. so im excited for when my dose gets upped in august. cuz i still have to blot :/ but i used to HAVE to blot every hour, so this is a change. its worth looking into if ur oily skin is really bad.

When I was on femcon fe i noticed i only had to use one blotting sheet, or not even a full one, as opposed to the two or three I had to use before. I think it depends on how your body responds to the birth control, but I would say from experience that yes, it CAN help.