Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, i'm starting a new thing with a new guy

he's always been close to me,and is a good guy, so i'm not worried his opinion of me will change

but i'm so tired of explaining to each new guy that, no i can't come to bed nor can he touch me for at least 20 min while my back and chest dry

and i have to wake up and do a specific regimen

and i can't sleep over unless i stop at home for supplies

it's wearing me thin

i wish there was a pill other than accutane (i have eczema) that would keep it away

i've tried a few short term pills, i try to lead a holistically healthy lifestyle, but still

topicals are all that really work

and i have to apply them everywhere but my arms and legs, which need lotion

so i'm a gooey mess each morning and night

ugh

i feel like such a monster

also, any time i try something new, even something with no known side effects like zinc oxide ointment, i freak out that it will one day cause my acne or possibly endanger my health

like that they will figure out in 5 years that it really causes cancer or i will develop a sensitivity to it

i'm sooo stuck

it's constantly on my mind

i just wanna live my life like any other teen who acts first, thinks later!

what topicals do u use??

and have u ever tried any oral antibotics? i know how u feel about the pill thing. i just wanted a pill i had to take and thats it. no creams, nothing. i went on accutane but even towards the end of my course i was given a gentle topical!

now im on spiro (a pill) and i still use a topical (differin) and i have found that with differin it absorbs right away, it isn't oily and it doesn't dry out ur skin that bad either, its just right. other things like taz and ziana made me feel really gross after i applied them.

but ive found that, the best combination is to work on acne internally AND externally. therefore, a pill and a cream. the two together has always given me better results than just one alone.

and maybe like keep an extra bag of stuff (for ur skin care) in a car, or a bag, or at the guys house so it can be accesiable and u don't necessarily have to go home first ya know?

pills like spiro, doxy, and accutane, can defiantly help acne. ive been on all of them.

+ 10000

im on doxy and it helped my acne SO much without having an initial beakout and im only on 50 mg per day!

i've used spiro and doxy

had to stop doxy because my course was up and i was seeing other problems from it

spiro dehydrated me too much- fainting, dizziness, heart palpitations, even when drinking water in excess

i'm trying to fix the problem form the inside out- it's hard

and i do keep a bag of stuff, but the carrying it a round is a bit of a problem, since i have full body issues, as is taking the time to actually PERFORM my regimen when at someones elses abode

thanks so much for all your continuous help, guys

I really feel that acne is a sign of a deeper problem inside your body. No pill will fix everything, unfortunately. Most pills will just make the problem worse.

What kind of deeper problem are you referring to?

I really feel that acne is a sign of a deeper problem inside your body. No pill will fix everything, unfortunately. Most pills will just make the problem worse.

What kind of deeper problem are you referring to?

Problems with absorption of food, your liver, gut flora, etc. When your body doesn't get an adequate amount of vitamins and minerals it can't function correctly which leads to acne.