iXtReMe

15 Year Old On Accutane'?

Personal Information

15Years Old Turning 16 in Two Months.

Mild to Moderate Acne.

Currently using tazorac and duac.

I have used cetaphil, benzalin, proactiv, cleanser ect

You name it.

My acne case isn't to cry about, but I want to get rid of it especially with the school year approaching on September 2nd.

Accutane is known for it's absolute effectiveness, and I want to try it out. I fully understand the side effects, I repeat I understand all side effects.I'm considering accutane because I know that I'm going to waste my time with other prescriptions acne treatments. Since my case isn't severe I want to talk to my dermatologist doctor next month and ask for a LOW DOSE of Accutane.

I weight 133lb, I am in excellent shape, I am naturally slim(it's genetic)

I am 5'9,Dominican.

Should I talk to my doctor about a low dosage of Accutane?(20,40mg)

I sort of wanted to go on Accutane as well and I'm turning 16 in a month, and I have more along the lines of moderate acne, nothing too severe but it does bother me alot, but I went to the dermatologist and since I was generally not that bad he wouldn't prescribe me accutane and instead put me on an antibiotic and a topical that are helping, I don't know about your dermatologist, but he may or may not prescribe you it especially since your probably like me with mild/moderate.

Yeah I think it's worth the try because on my case I won't need to be on accutane for long probaly around 3-4months.

Nothings seems strongly effective, so therefore next visit I am strongly going to push for a definite solution (Accutane)

One question: Do You think It is worth the try of a low dosage of Accutane?

Well honestly, I would just go full force and do a normal dosage just so it would knock it out and maybe wouldn't have to be on accutane for a long time, so if it was me then I would just do standard dose and just finish it off. But go to the dermatologist and ask about the risks of accutane and maybe the benefits of being on a lower dose!

Good Luck!

Well honestly, I would just go full force and do a normal dosage just so it would knock it out and maybe wouldn't have to be on accutane for a long time, so if it was me then I would just do standard dose and just finish it off. But go to the dermatologist and ask about the risks of accutane and maybe the benefits of being on a lower dose!

Good Luck!

Thank you.

Hopefuy my dermatologist will be understanding. She is very cool actually so I'll just hit her with "the sad feelings" of having to live with acne.

(: I cant wait till I go back to the dermatologist. I'm going back on the 20th of Aug. I might change my app to a earlier day.

I'm very optimistic about accutane. I will keep you guys updated