Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hid12

Makeup Question

Hi i am 16 years old and i used to have mild to moderate acne on dry skin.

Now i am on the dkr for 1 and a half month and my skin is clear,i just have some red spots from old acne.

Today was a special day for me and when i woke up i had a papule(not realy visible).

I wore some makeup to cover the papule and the red spots.I realised that the makeup was not oil free(it was diorkin nude natural glow founation).

I wore the makeup for 5 hours.

Are there high chances that i will break out tomorow???

Can i do something now apart from my daily routine??

pimples take longer than a day to form. so u wouldn't know if u would break out from the makeup for a week or so. i would check over the ingreidents with the list from "zero zits detective" (just google that) and see if any of those igriendents stick out as pore clogging. if more than one of them are bad i would stop wearing it just to be save.

I dont really use this foundation, i just used it once.

So i was afraid if i damaged/irritate my skin with that use.

Is any of these ingredients bad for acne prone skin??

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alumina, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Hydroxyethycellulose, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Parfum (Fragrance), Sericin, Linalool, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Methylparaben, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, BHT, Rhodochrosite Extract, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol, Sorbic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Copper Gluconate, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide,Octinoxate

Alcohol is usually not very good for the skin...especially sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and alcohol is just a big no no for me lol. But using your foundation for a few hours probably won't matter. I do suggest though, that for emergencies, you should invest in some Almay or Neutrogena foundation (they both have lines for acne prone skin). For now, if I were you, I would slap some Aloe Vera on it and the area around it! And of course, don't stress it too much or it will just make it worse! :)