Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kk95

Scratching to the point of cuts

I've been on the regimen for over a month now. With the areas i'm doing the regimen on, i'm pretty happy with the results. I still have to use a ton of moisturizer, and sometimes i will still flake. Lately though, my face will get so itchy (usually at night--if im out all day i wont usually have a problem with itching since i wont touch my face in public) that I cant control myself scratching it, and i get cuts on my face, which then form scabs (the cuts arent that big but look like acne scars...like i need more of that!) Usually only a small area itches at a time so i'll scratch that little spot pretty deeply..Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice?

I personally have never experienced that but whenever my face itches I simply pat the top part of my hand or arm on my face wherever it is itching. I don't know about you but it works great for me! You can also wash your hands and gently massage the area; that seems to help.

Oh my god hellz yea. I'm about 7 weeks into Dan's regimen and god at night the flakes and dead skin become so itchy and I end up scratching my dead skin off with my nails. It's distgusting to just leave it on my face so I can't help scratch it and sometimes the itchiness is unbearable. Terrible for my acne though I'm really trying to stop.

i feel you. and this isn't a simple "just don't think about it" situation, since i know how unbearable it becomes. My advice is to cut down bp during night times, until your skin becomes used to the bp you put during the day. and moisturize with something very moisturizing like jojoba oil or emu oil before you sleep, it should help a lot

omgg just made a post about this. except im not on regimen. its so bizarre! i just scratch until i bleed pretty much.

I remember that unbearable itching too. It'll go away over time, once your skin gets used to the BP. Just try your best not to scratch. What helped for me was moving my face around...sounds weird as hell but it works. Just move your lips in a wide circular motion to help with the itching; if it's on your cheeks and chin area.

I would also try using jojoba oil, like someone else suggested. This will help with dryness and in turn help with the itching.

I'm experiencing this right now, too. What helps me is wrapping ice in a paper towel and holding it gently to my itchiest parts. It numbs it AND decreases the swelling that comes with the dryness and flakiness. My mom and I watched a movie a few days ago, and I literally had a piece of ice, wrapped in a paper towel in each hand held to each cheek. It helped immensely! Give it a try.

:)