Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I signed up to acne.org years ago when I had back acne, and that's gone away now and I get facial acne instead. I so preferred having back acne instead at least you could cover that up. with clothes.

I hate when my mother comments on my acne. Like I haven't got my hair cut all year and I'm graduating in a few days, and I said to her maybe I should go get my hair cut and foiled, and she's like what's the point, when your face isn't clear. It just drives me nuts how she's always like that, as she doesn't seem to understand I just want to draw attention away from my face by getting my hair done. Or she comments your acne is getting worse, what are we going to do with you? Or she says your face looks like a mess.

It just makes me cry in private, or get bitchy at her which then leads to us arguing and her calling me a bitch which doesn't help my self-confidence at all lol. I don't wear makeup at home if I'm not working or going out anywhere so she sees my skin makeup less. I don't wear makeup at home in case wearing makeup everyday will make my skin worse. I just wish she didn't have to always comment on my acne all the time, I know it's there, i don't want to be constantly reminded and she doesn't do it in a nice way, and it just always upsets me. Is anyone else's family like this where they always point out your acne etc? They don't seem to realise we already know we have acne :doh:.

And now I just feel too paranoid about going to the hairdresser as they will see my skin up close and maybe the salon will be there thinking what's the point of her getting her hair done etc. And I'm definitely not going to the hairdresser now lol.

I feel like a freak sometimes as I work in customer service and I have to force myself to look at customers in the eye, I prefer just looking down. Sometimes I get these panic attacks inside of me where I'm just standing there thinking I'm so ugly, they keep staring at me, are they staring at my acne, I hate myself etc.

And one of my guy friends is kinda interested in me I guess, as he holds my hand and goes to kiss me, and he has perfect clear skin, and I feel like such a freak. Like the other day he tried on my sunglasses and I'm thinking I really hope he doesn't get any pimples from it as I just wore those. And I'm always afraid to get too close to him as then he can see my face close up etc, and I'm paranoid he might get acne from kissing me even though I know you probably cant.

And now I'm so paranoid hanging out with him as my skin isn't clear like his, and I wear makeup. I dread anyone ever seeing me without makeup as then he'd see all my red marks underneath the makeup as you can still tell I have acne when I wear makeup. When he invites me out places I avoid going out sometimes as I feel so ugly compared to him as he has gorgeous clear skin and I don't and I always feel so paranoid of how ugly I look. I'd give anything to have skin that is absolutely flawless like him. And I'm constantly paranoid my skin will get worse.

Do you guys ever get those crazy thoughts too where you're just so paranoid about everything like me haha. I don't really know what to do to make myself like myself as a person, and not always think I I look so ugly.

Im sorry about ur mom. I don't think she is trying to be mean, she just doesn't know what to say... but u gotta confront her about it. Tell her that it hurts ur feelings. And that u don't need to hear all her comments. Some people just don't understand... But when u make it clear to them how it effects u then im sure they will stop.

I hate going to the hair dresser! there is a thread on this board about it and i posted my really embarassing story about how i went to the hair dresser and had a breakout on my hair line and the lady scrubbed my scalp really hard and the pimple started bleeding and she had to put a tissue on it in front of everyone! then i had to stare at myself in the mirror for 30 mins. i wanted to cry. ugh

okay, now, about the guy. PLEASE stop comparing urself to him. Im sure he has other flaws that he is self-consious about too. And it sounds like he already likes u! he has probably seen u up close, he probably knows u wear makeup, but he obviously doesn't care if he is still reaching out to u and trying to make an effort. if u like him back take a chance for once, let ur insecurties slip to the back of ur head, and live in the moment! see what happens. if things progress, open up to him about ur insecrities and what uve been going through! that way ull feel more comfortable around him and im sure itll just be a bonding experience for u two. and GIRL obviosuly he doesn't think ur ugly if hes trying to get with u!!! he likes u! he thinks ur hot! so don't doubt urself.

And its going to take some time before u are totally comfortable in ur own skin. I have been battling with the same problem for the past 4 years. I have a counselor too who helps me talk through my problems. And i will say, its not a bad idea to invest in one! i just see her every month or so for an hour. Its done wonders. But i still have days where i walk up, look at the mirror, and go fuck im ugly as hell! All i can tell u, is that u gotta step back from mirror and focus on the things u do like! For example, ur eyes or hair, or ur intelligence, ur personality, ur talents, anything that draws ur attention from ur skin (something negative) and on to something positive!

It just takes time but u can do it! good luck

Damn it must be hard to have your mom say those things. My mom never used to be supportive, but she didn't put me down over my acne either. The most she did was point out my breakouts...like yeah I know lol.

My Mom has this really annoying thing where she tries to give me really crappy advice. Like "You gotta get a slight sunburn on your back so your zits will be easier for me to pick." It's like. I don't even wanna explain how wrong that is.

Hey Kel, wow I feel sorry for you about the hair dresser story. I can totally relate to how you felt. I had a woman come up to me the other day as I work as a cashier at a supermarket, and when I scanned her item, she started staring at me and talking about my skin in front of other customers and how her friend could fix me as her friend owns an Indian beauty salon with one or two facials. I wanted to die, it was so humiliating.

Yeah he knows I wear makeup lol. I watched TV at his house two weeks ago and I went to the bathroom and looked at my makeup in the mirror and started touching up my makeup and his like you don't have to put makeup on for me, but I'm thinking no way can you ever see me makeupless lol. He wants to hang out again tomorrow and I'm like thinking if my skin looks shit still tomorrow I'm cancelling lol. Does your skin get worse around your period? My skin always does! I feel retarded around him as I always try to avoid bright lights or mirrors lol.

I do the same thing with the mirror, I look in the mirror and think I'm ugly too lol. You look really pretty in your display pic, you can't see any acne or red marks on you, so you're prettier than you think you are :). Lol maybe I do need a counsellor like you as I don't feel comfortable at all in my skin!

Jay326, yeah it's annoying when you get your breakouts pointed out, it's like yeah I know my skin doesn't look good today lol.

Chikyuu, do you get scars when your mum picks your back zits?

strangers shoild never go out and say things about ur skin or how to heal it. thats so inappropriate... ugh.

and don't feel retarded around him! he said u don't have to wear makeup for him but i understand why u do. i would to...

and thank u! u just can't see anything cuz im wearing makeup and the lighting/way the pic was taken. but its there. even when i don't have any current breakouts my skin gets really red and i have lots of redmarks/uneven skin tone.

Totally. In fact, a lot of people in my family have or have had acne so it's not even like I'm looking at clear-skinned beauties. No one really even notices it so I don't care that I have it. :dance: Woo hoo!

No, my little brother keeps making fun of me. That little vagina. He doesn't know that he's the next-in-line to get acne.

My parents are indifferent about it. IMHO, that's the best strategy.

Hey Kel, wow I feel sorry for you about the hair dresser story. I can totally relate to how you felt. I had a woman come up to me the other day as I work as a cashier at a supermarket, and when I scanned her item, she started staring at me and talking about my skin in front of other customers and how her friend could fix me as her friend owns an Indian beauty salon with one or two facials. I wanted to die, it was so humiliating.

Yeah he knows I wear makeup lol. I watched TV at his house two weeks ago and I went to the bathroom and looked at my makeup in the mirror and started touching up my makeup and his like you don't have to put makeup on for me, but I'm thinking no way can you ever see me makeupless lol. He wants to hang out again tomorrow and I'm like thinking if my skin looks shit still tomorrow I'm cancelling lol. Does your skin get worse around your period? My skin always does! I feel retarded around him as I always try to avoid bright lights or mirrors lol.

I do the same thing with the mirror, I look in the mirror and think I'm ugly too lol. You look really pretty in your display pic, you can't see any acne or red marks on you, so you're prettier than you think you are :). Lol maybe I do need a counsellor like you as I don't feel comfortable at all in my skin!

Jay326, yeah it's annoying when you get your breakouts pointed out, it's like yeah I know my skin doesn't look good today lol.

Chikyuu, do you get scars when your mum picks your back zits?

I work as a cashier/supervisor at a store and I've had so many people do the same thing x( I've also had it happen when I'm shopping me and my crush were at a jewelry store looking at a watch he wanted and the lady helping us was who thought we either liked each other or were together said how beautiful I was and she thinks she can help me clear my skin cause then I'll be even more beautiful =/ and she kinda went on and on about it and asked him what he thought....its like geez thanks I really wanted him to notice my skin even more...its bad enough hes seen me without makeup many many times....I had thought I looked nice that day too...