Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FastEddy

Wearing Hats!?!?!?!

Hey Dan (or whoever answers these questions),

My problem area is my forehead and I usually wear a baseball cap (backwards) to cover up my acne when I go out in public. I've just begun The Regimen and my question is can I still wear my cap, or will this just irritate my skin and spread bacteria?

I'd really like to wear it for the first few weeks until my skin clears up.

-FastEddy

actually guys, its different for every person.

I wore a hat throughout puberty and high school and while wearing a hat EVERYDAY (3-6 hours during school, 7-12 years during non school) and my only problem areas were my cheeks and my jawline.. Never my forehead, not once..

The hats I wore were not the cleanest but i sometimes feel that wearing hats helped my acne because it prevented that skin to be exposed to the air and the sun.

Hey Dan (or whoever answers these questions),

My problem area is my forehead and I usually wear a baseball cap (backwards) to cover up my acne when I go out in public.  I've just begun The Regimen and my question is can I still wear my  cap, or will this just irritate my skin and spread bacteria?

I'd really like to wear it for the first few weeks until my skin clears up.

-FastEddy

you can still cover up the forehead even you dont wear backwards and it wont irritate your skin too. wink.gif

Just a word of advice. If you're gonna wear a cap then expect that it may get some discoloration on the area that touches your face (ie. touches the BP cream) due to the peroxide. It probably wont matter as it's underneath the cap, but just wanted to warn you. smile.gif

actually guys, its different for every person.

I wore a hat throughout puberty and high school and while wearing a hat EVERYDAY (3-6 hours during school, 7-12 years during non school) and my only problem areas were my cheeks and my jawline.. Never my forehead, not once..

I think some of us are just prone to acne in certain areas and not others. I have never, ever had acne on my forehead or nose, only on the lower half of my face. I could rub grease on my forehead and not break out. Not that I'm gonna. :lol:

The hat might cause irritation and spread bacteria, I have this problem with scarves as I get acne on my upper neck. I think if you try to have a clean hat, maybe if you have a few or if you wash it when you can that would be a good idea. It's probably best to leave the area hat free but maybe you can wear it forwards instead of backwards like you suggested. wink.gif It would still help cover it a bit and not irritate as much.

Thanks for all the comments guys... I've only been on The Regimen for a couple of days and my skin is already looking a lot better. Maybe I'll hang up the cap for good, but then again I should expect a breakout sometime next week, right?

-FastEddy