Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sportsfan29

Does anyone have these?

post-130914-1279477251_thumb.jpgDoes anyone have red marks that don't fade, that are really dark red? I have 2 different pretty big spots on my face that have not done any fading. No, what's weird is that sometimes they will get a bit lighter, but then back to dark red the next day. Very odd.

What's real weird is that I've looked back at photos of myself back last summer around July and both spots weren't there. They didn't start appearing until around December. There have been spots that have faded quicker than that that were older.

Anyone know if this could be something different than just a red mark? I can post up a pic if needed.

If you look towards the middle of this mark, it looks like there is a line that extends until the end of the mark. Anyone know what this could be, and why this marks redness has been prolonged? I never get pimples in this direct area.

The picture is actually being quite nice as well...it's much darker in a mirror/real life.

I would post a pic of the other mark, but it doesn't look anything like it does in the mirror because of crappy pic quality. I think both have to be somewhat related though. The other one is actually coming closer to a brown color, which is odd because I've never had a mark turn that color.

post-130914-1279477251_thumb.jpg

Edited by sportsfan29

just looks like some hyperpigmentation to me.. uh it should fade with time. and topical retinoids can help it heal faster as well!

I have exactly the same thing on my right cheek, depressing I know, EXACTLY the same description and has not faded abit in 5 months where as the other marks that appear after faded completely. I am astounded as to what it might be, my dermatologist told me it was the red mark of an "embedded" acne or a "deep-rooted" acne, the mark will last extremely long due to it being on the inner layer of your skin.

I've done 4 IPLs, retin-a, emu oil and AHAs for about 5 months now on it and she's basically right, it just does not go away through any kinds of treatment which kind of sucks :(

I have exactly the same thing on my right cheek, depressing I know, EXACTLY the same description and has not faded abit in 5 months where as the other marks that appear after faded completely. I am astounded as to what it might be, my dermatologist told me it was the red mark of an "embedded" acne or a "deep-rooted" acne, the mark will last extremely long due to it being on the inner layer of your skin.

I've done 4 IPLs, retin-a, emu oil and AHAs for about 5 months now on it and she's basically right, it just does not go away through any kinds of treatment which kind of sucks :(

Damn. Mine hasn't faded and I've noticed it in pics since December..so it's been 8 months now.

Does yours also kind of hurt when you push down on it? I notice my other marks don't hurt when I do, but this one does...kinda feels like a pinch, but it's flat and not raised. Seems like there's almost a pimple below the skin or some sh*t lol

Damn. Mine hasn't faded and I've noticed it in pics since December..so it's been 8 months now.

Does yours also kind of hurt when you push down on it? I notice my other marks don't hurt when I do, but this one does...kinda feels like a pinch, but it's flat and not raised. Seems like there's almost a pimple below the skin or some sh*t lol

At first it kind of hurts then when I did not pick it or touch it, the pain slowly subsided to nothing

At first it kind of hurts then when I did not pick it or touch it, the pain slowly subsided to nothing

Hmmm...interesting.

I actually noticed that a small pimple has appeared on that mark now...could that be the one that was below the skin, or is it just a new pimple?

Guest Timehealsall

i have something similar to this. I have red marks on both cheeks that ive had for years. Although, this could be because of acne reappearing.