Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For some reason my skin is getting worse and i can't understand it.

My skin has been quite bad for the past three years

I thought it would settle down and sort itself out after my teens

and it did get a little better but still far from perfect.

The past month it's got worse and i have'nt changed a thing :doh:

I was planning on going gluten-free but that's a lot harder than i though

as most things have gluten in. things like bread and even salad bowls with tuna or prawn.

It's hard to find something at lunch i can buy and eat so i usally end up skipping it altogether.

I'm hoping that erasing gluten will help because i've tryed almost everything else.

Sometimes it feels like a lossing battle and something i just can't controll :wall:

Really i heard gluten was a cause. Over my lifetime i've tryed a lot

multi vitamines, zinc tablets, antibiotics, green tea and in terms of washing

i've used normal soap, soap-free soap, acne washes (store brands)

facial wipes, tcp and other anti bacterial creams.

I've used a lot since i've had acne and nothings helped

my guess is it has nothing to do with washing my face

and more to do with diet or horemones. I'm running out of ideas.

ya its more internally. thats sort of what ive discovered over the years.

have u ever considered accutane? it is a last resort option, but it sounds like ur defiantly at ur last resort...

The important thing to know is what you eat, in conjunction, with all those vitamins you are taking.

if you eat a bunch of foods that are known to cause acne irritation but yet, still rely on the vitamins to help cure it, than it defeats the purpose.

So, what does your normal daily intake consist of?

Nah too many horror stories. I'm gonna give this gluten free diet ago

and see what happens. I might even try giving up meat if that doesn't work.

some days it really bothers me and others i just think f*ck it.

I've tried so much with no luck.

So, what does your normal daily intake consist of?

three jacket potatoes with prawn mayo for lunch

and two plates of pasta (one packet) tuna, cheese and salad sause.

I eat that most days every now and then i have salmon, beef or lamb

with potatoes, bocoli and sweetcorn. Nothing bad really

I rarely eat fast food or fried foods.

Mayo, salad cream or mustard. Which foods are high inflammatory?

I eat lots of pasta, potatoes and tuna. I thought they were good

I eat them because they're easy to cook and taste good.

try sweet potatoes..Seriously, their extremely nutritious and they taste delicious.

Is the Mayo homemade or store bought?

You want to stay away from beef, unless you eat it really sparingly and it's grass fed beef.

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619

Ehhh...diet won't help you much I don't think, unless you just erase all the bad sugars from your diet.

Get a dermatologist to prescribe you some type of antibiotic. It should help keep you from breaking out as much.

That's pretty much what i live on. What's wrong with them?

if i'd have known this i'd of saved myself the trouble and went to Burger King for diner.

They are both high in the glycemic index, ie. they raise the blood glucose levels too quickly. As far as I know the only potatoes good for acne are new potatoes, and wholegrain or brown pasta is better than white pasta.

Also cut out all the sugar you can. If you really want to go for it you might aswell cut out the most common allergens which include dairy, shellfish, fish, peanuts, soya, tree nuts and some others. And then add each one back in to see how they affect you.

I changed my diet a while back and my acne is much better nowadays, still not clear but the diet has helped massively. I also tried going gluten free for a few months, but found that it didnt really have much affect on my skin, whereas sugar/carbs had a massive affect on my skin, also found I cant tolerate/am allergic to soya, walnuts and dairy.

EDIT: since you havent posted this in the nutrition section I think there will be alot of people who post in this thread saying that diet wont do much for your acne, I used to think that aswell but then I had a go and found that it has a massive affect for me personally. I wish I had this knowledge back when I was younger because my diet used to be really really bad

Edited by JoeBloggs

I've cut out dairy and rarely ever eat shellfish

whats wrong with fish? I thought fish oil and omega 3 were good for your skin.

peanuts and tree nuts i thought were good for you too. This diet things really hard.

Maybe i should be asking what i can eat rather than what i can't.

Only people who have a gluten sensitivity (which isn't a huge % of the population, you could get tested and save a lot of time to see if you are sensitive or not) will benefit from cutting it out of their diet.

If you want a good "acne diet," you should be eating a lot of greens and veggies: kale, carrots, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. For fruits, kiwis and blueberries are good low-sugar choices. Also, protein from foods such as wild salmon, chicken, lamb, and free-range eggs is good. For fats, extra virgin olive oil and avocados are good to put on salads. Grains should be limited to quinoa, brown rice, and possibly rolled oats or buckwheat. Basically, the fewer things you eat from a box, the better.

I've never been able to figure out a connection between diet and my acne aside from dairy (which seems to give me cysts), but eating a healthier diet could possibly help you.

I've cut out dairy and rarely ever eat shellfish

whats wrong with fish? I thought fish oil and omega 3 were good for your skin.

peanuts and tree nuts i thought were good for you too. This diet things really hard.

Maybe i should be asking what i can eat rather than what i can't.

Nothing is wrong with that stuff, just that they potential allergens, the "Big 8" allergen list is this

-Dairy

-Soya

-Tree nuts

-Fish

-Shellfish

-Wheat

-Peanuts

-Eggs

If you arent allergic to any of these and can tolerate them then keep eating them, just that if you are allergic to them or cant tolerate them they can cause acne

you should be eating a lot of greens and veggies: kale, carrots, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. For fruits, kiwis and blueberries are good low-sugar choices. Also, protein from foods such as wild salmon, chicken, lamb, and free-range eggs is good. For fats, extra virgin olive oil and avocados are good to put on salads. Grains should be limited to quinoa, brown rice, and possibly rolled oats or buckwheat.

So no pasta and no bread :doh:

How is lamb good but not beef?

I read somewhere on this site that avacados were bad for your skin?

I'll give this stuff a go and see how i get on. Thank for the advice :)

So no pasta and no bread :doh:

How is lamb good but not beef?

I read somewhere on this site that avacados were bad for your skin?

I'll give this stuff a go and see how i get on. Thank for the advice :)

Beef is fine as long as it's not processed and a decent grade. Avocados cause inflammation and make some people break out...idk it's a hit or miss thing.

I don't want anything that causes inflammation. I dunno whats happend

but lately my skin's been f*cked. It was mild two months ago

now its moderate and getting worse. I've had a few big ones on my cheeks

which hang around for ages.