Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ANGEL76

LOSING HOPE!!!

hey ppl how are you guys? iam so depressed isnt not funny i have been going for smoothbeam treatments once a month.i have done 4 treatments and have seen little results.i really dont know what else to do .iam not happy at all i dont even wanna go out .i mean what the fuck!!! ant they cure or find something that really works?what really works?i know everyone is different and treatments dont always work for everyone i know that im 28 and have been battling this shit since i was 13 enough already.i dont know what else to do really.what can you do when you have tried almost everything?????my skin is just not smooth i have some box scars some rolling scars iam a big mess.every derm i have been to hasnt helped me.i dont know what to do .i feel like acne has me held prisoner!!!:(

Angel, I think I saw one of your old posts on Voy.com. What treatments have you had besides Smoothbeam, which in my opinion is prob. a fraud. Have you tried dermabrasion? How about punch elevation or punch graft for deeper scars? Anything less drastic prob. will not offer dramatic correction. Stay away from lasers. Waste of time and money.

Hey,

I'm sorry that you feel so down in the dumps. I've been there and know what its like to not want to go out because you feel insecure about your appearance. Smoothbeam will not cure any of your deep scars, but, overtime, will smoothen out your skin. It has mine, as I have had roughly 12-14 treatments. Please make sure the machine is set to at least 11 joules, as anything less is simply too weak.

Also, there is hope. I just had Bio-Alcamid, a permanent dermal filler, injected into my various rolling, boxcar scars and have seen major improvement. Although this product is not FDA approved, it is approved in Europe and unlike Restalyne, will not be absorbed. It is permanent. I am so happy right now as I have finally found a solution to my scars and since my procedure on Tuesday, my swelling has completely subsided and I look 10 years younger. I am only 23 yrs old but due to my various acne scarring looked much older. I will have to return at least 2 more times to completely rectify my appearance, but right now, I feel great.

I will provide links to first the Clinic Estetica in Tijuana that I went to for these injections and also a link to the Bio-Alcamid website. Read and respond to me with any questions. I will be as specific as I can with my responses.

Hang in there, there is hope!

Mark in Pasadena

http://www.clinicestetica.com/

http://www.bioalcamid.com/

We've all been there - You are not alone. Unfortunately, the only "cure" is to prevent the acne that causes the scars. sad.gif There are many options to improve your scars though. Since you're not seeing results with SmoothBeam, you might want to consider other, more invasive treatments. Some things that improved peoples' scarring that you might want to look into:

- TCA CROSS (performed by a Dermatologist)

- Needling

- Dermabrasion

- Subcision in combination with a non-ablative laser

- Exoderm

This is not a complete list, but just some of the treatments that are available that you can research.

Guest Scorpioness

I've been there Angel, in fact I was ranting here not too long ago about how depressed I am seeing how bad my scars still look under certain lighting.

I have had 4 CROSSes (which have made the most difference), test needling in two spots, saline injections and peels.

As disconcerting as it is to see the improvement I haven't achieved, the improvement I have seen in the mirror and lighting in which I view myself everyday is about 65% from where I was before I started my treatments and for that I am grateful... and I am continuing to see more smoothing and shallowing of the scars as days pass.

I agree with the rest of the folks here who suggest the CROSS treatment. Good luck!!

I think it is time for the moderators of this board to announce in no uncertain terms that Smoothbeam is a big fat fraud. It should be very apparent, based on reports on this board and others, that this procedure has drained millions from peoples pockets while giving them next to no results. I realize some have reported results. And those great results seem to be equal to the results you would get from one or two microdermabrasions. This board should also act as an advocacy group. For Gods sake just come out and post in the FAQ that Smootbeam, CO2 Laser, N'LIte and mIcrodermabrasion will not improve acne scarring more than 5 to 10%, if even that.

James

Smoothbeam might have been the best thing i've ever done for my skin. I was really depressed until the 5th treatment when I started noticing improvement every day. It was on setting 15 though. Now my skin looks so much better than how i started. I had quite a few rolling scars and both cheeks which have improved greatly. Mostly in terms of depth though and not really in the borders of the scars.

Anyway in the My smoothbeam treatments post many people have had good improvement. I definitely wouldn't say it's a fraud. I'm sure it won't work for quite a few people but you really have to be patient and let the collagen be stimulated. Which is the laser's actual purpose. I would say that microdermabrasion is completely useless however. As for CO2, people have reported improvement. But there have been many more horror stories.

Microdermabrasion is useful for those with very minor scarring. Still it requires many treatments before you can actually notice improvement.

smoothbeam is not a fraud, and its not a miracle laser.. 4 treatments is not going to give you good results.. you have to do atleast 7-8. and if your scars are really deep and icepick it wont improve much

smoothbeam is good with rolling scars mainly

James: As I have not had SmoothBeam done, I can't say if it's fraud or not. I have had N-lite and didn't notice improvement and I state that when I am asked. Furthermore, I wouldn't want this site to be involved in any lawsuits. I agree that non-ablative lasers are not the best/most effective approach for moderate to severe scarring, but some people with very minor scarring have seen some improvement from it. While you are free to state your opinion, I feel that fraud is a very strong word for something that may give minor results for some, but no results for others. As with all scar treatments, just because person A didn't get results doesn't mean that person B won't get results.

maybe i need to add something like tca cross?i thought that after 4 treatments i was going to see a big difference.well i have another treatment next week and iam going to give this derm an ear full!i remember watching extrem makeover,and this girl had really bad acne and scarring and the dr. did smoothbeam and v beam.i tried the whole diet thing but then when i get down i start eating.that i really need to stop i dont need a weight problem on top of bad skin.it just sucks trying to find what works for you.thanks guys for all the replies. :smile:

sorry to hear what youre going through angel, I have been looking for scar treatments for my ice pick scars and have not had much luck. I had glycolic peels done and it only wasted my time/money and left my face with a light burn ( sometimes it can get really red though). I recently went to a cosmetic clinic and the doc told me smoothbeam might work for my small but deep ice pick scars.

Keep me informed on how the treatment is going and if you think it would be good for ice pick scars