Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

Reccomendations for good cleansers?

Guest Timehealsall

anyone got any good reccomendations?

Um currently i have been using DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel (like the one in Bek's signature)

I have been using it for...3 days. and its AMAZING! usually cleansers leave my skin really red. This doesn't. Also most cleansers don't take off my makeup and this does. Its great. Doesn't burn, really gentle, no fragrence. ah love it.

But i also do recommend: Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash as a cheaper alternative. I still like that cleanser.

Guest Timehealsall

have you girls tried the acne.org cleanser or cetaphil gentle cleanser?

ive used cetaphil before. its pretty good. but i wasn't that impressed. ive never tried the acne.org cleanser.

Nope, but I have tried the Cetaphil cleanser specifically for acne... it was a NIGHTMARE. And I don't have sensitive skin at all, so I wouldn't recommend that! lol.

Guest Timehealsall

crap, i dont know what cleanser to use. I think the acne.org cleanser is breaking me out, and before that, i was using clenia foaming wash. :(

Guest Timehealsall

i think i am going to try the purpose gentle cleanser. For moisturizer, have you girls tried the olay complete spf 15 for sensitive skin (classic gentle formula)? I have been using it for 2 weeks, and its pretty good. But i need a moisturizer for the night time.

Edited by Timehealsall

Hey there. My sister has used cetaphil but is not what she only uses like a cleanser. What I can recommend for sure are mud masks, u can get them at any cosmetic stores, both me n my sis have used it. After my sis was done with her treatement with neotretin, the derm told her to have a routine which consists on some exfoliating cleanser n then this mud mask n i can really tell her face looks amazing. The idea is to open the pores removing the oil n stuff it has inside, the mask does the rest with whats left n cant go out with the exfoliation.

One thing is for sure, u have to respect the time indicated on the product, if it says leave it for 20 minutes then its not 25 or 30 LOL, u may have troubles removing it

Hope it helps :)

Cetaphil for oil prone skin has been my main one for the last 4mths.

Otherwise I am fond of MD Formulations Gentle Cleanser/Exfoilate or Netrogena Oil Free wash.

I am only now using the MD one twice a week to start to exfoliate my skin since i am not 'active' right now but a real mess.

ya purpose is great. um never tried olay but a good night time moisturizer is: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. I find it too greasy sometimes, so i only use it occasionally now, but its good for a nighttime moisturizer.

I use Cetaphil Sensitive skin bar. Or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar.

I don't like the org cleanser, it made my face dry and hard. I don't regularly use a cleanser on my face anymore, but when I do it's Paula's Choice Pore Clarifying Gel or Clean & Clear's In Shower Facial (contains glycolic acid). I really love the latter one, but it says only use it a few times a week :P

I don't like the org cleanser, it made my face dry and hard. I don't regularly use a cleanser on my face anymore, but when I do it's Paula's Choice Pore Clarifying Gel or Clean & Clear's In Shower Facial (contains glycolic acid). I really love the latter one, but it says only use it a few times a week :P

I love the in shower facial! It really gets all the debris off.

Yes! It's probably my favorite product I've ever used on my face. It just makes it soooo smooth.

Yes! It's probably my favorite product I've ever used on my face. It just makes it soooo smooth.

Totally. It works every time, and who doesn't love a reliable product?! :)

ohh should i try this?? actually..i don't wanna take any chances. my skin is really clear at the moment

Guest Timehealsall
I use Cetaphil Sensitive skin bar. Or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar.

hey wynne, what is the difference between the purpose/cetaphil bars and the purpose/cetaphil cleansers? I am planning to buy the purpose gentle cleanser, but what would be the difference if i got the bar?

I love the acne.org cleanser...if you're breaking out at first, it could just be the initial purging period or another product that's causing it. I have very sensitive/oily/flaky/acne prone skin and I've been using it for almost two years.

For a more exfoliating cleanser, I use the Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub...I use it usually when my skin is flaky/dull...usually once a week.