Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fingal

Misconceptions of Dermal Rolling

There are so many misconceptions about the dermal roller. Please view a video at

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

In summary this is what they say:

1) Dont use numbing cream, retinal, copper peptides, synthetic vitamins etc

2) Use a 0.5mm or more preferably 1mm for scars

3) Use it every day

4) it is not painful

5) Use only natural products

6) It is easy to use

7) Use a CE approved roller- the website will say if their roller is ce approved, FDA approval is not the same standard as CE

8) There are many different brands of rollers just make sure it is certified

9) Use a Dermal Stamp as well as a roller

10) this will reduce current acne as well as scars

There are so many misconceptions about the dermal roller. Please view a video at

3) Use it every day

4) it is not painful

6) It is easy to use

7) Use a CE approved roller- the website will say if their roller is ce approved, FDA approval is not the same standard as CE

i dont want to annoy you or anything but theres some things that are wrong with that.

1) you NEVER needle acne. it spreads it.

2) why only natural products....ive found some unnatural products are good.

3) its painful for some...like me

4) you are swapping the 1.5mm rollers that get right into scars for 0.5 and 1mm rollers. they are designed to allow topicals to enter and not to improve scars.

5) what does CE stand for. i used to have plastic toys with that on it as a kid. i thought it was a logo for plastic?

overall good point about the dermastamp. i think more people should use that.

Hello I started rolling 2 days back lol .........And you mean every1 who had great results with rolling hard using vitamins and egf and cp serums are just wasting there time?? : :doh::boohoo::wall: ....could anyone share some light on this please...!! :rolleyes::think:

Edited by AKL

My initial reaction is tempered because she mentioned Accupuncture which has been proven to be Phooey in double blind studies. A lot of her comments are directed towards anti-aging and for that shorter dermarollers may well be sufficient. For scar improvement the 1.5mm seems more applicable. I am not sold on Vitamin E or Copper Peptides although I spent a lot of money on the later. Dermaroller has promise.

http://www.realself.com/question/dermaroll...cing-acne-scars

1) you dont needle the acne you needle around it the blood circulation prevents more forming try it you will see.

2)If you use unnatural products with a dermal roller it enters the blood stream directly. A product containing vitamin a for example causes toxicity in the liver. YOu should look at the dangers of transdermal delivery. Transdermal delivery increases the absorption of a product in the skin by up to 10,000 times, if the product is toxic imagine what theat is doing to your health.

3) It is only painful if you have not been taught to use it properly, check out the misconceptions dvd above. There have been numerous trials stating it is not if used correctly.

4)That is completely untrue about the 0.5, 1mm and 1.5mm. They all induce collagen, they all benefit scarring.Try them you will see

5) Ce stands for EU certified

6) the trial mentioned about double blinded acupuncture trials was flawed. The trial used one group that was needled using acupuncure points, the other group non acupuncture points. They found the results to be the same. This is because in acupuncture they use both physical points and non physical points (called ashi ponits). There fore the trial was demonstrating two genuine techniques of acupuncture that are used regularly. There was no genuine control group. Most genuine trials are conducted by reserach scientists that do not have a clue about the theories they are testing. This is an example of that. It is a huge problem with clinical trials that they are not conducted by the experts themselves.

Please watch this regarding transdermal products, yes you are wasting your time buying copper peptides, synthetic vitamins etc and endangering your health.

3) Use it every day

4) it is not painful

6) It is easy to use

i dont want to annoy you or anything but theres some things that are wrong with that.

1) you NEVER needle acne. it spreads it.

2) why only natural products....ive found some unnatural products are good.

3) its painful for some...like me

4) you are swapping the 1.5mm rollers that get right into scars for 0.5 and 1mm rollers. they are designed to allow topicals to enter and not to improve scars.

5) what does CE stand for. i used to have plastic toys with that on it as a kid. i thought it was a logo for plastic?

overall good point about the dermastamp. i think more people should use that.

i can see why they say use all natural, cause the stuff they put in these products are ridiculous...parabens? why are we still using this as an ingredient its been proven over and over and over again these are extremely toxic carcinagens...which we all know what these can lead too i mean people dont smoke because this stuff is in cigarettes, why wash your face with it?

up to u guys. i had my say. its hard to give advice when you are so desperate to find the opposite view. words are cheap and anything i have say i have researched deeply and has worked for me. i think id have more credibility than a random lady who looks like she has never had a scar in her life.

sure you can use a 0.5 roller. you could also use a 0.0000001 roller but ud be fruitloops to believe it would be helping you. there are so many people here who have dermarolled for years AND seen improvement. it would be best you consult with them, rather than follow your own baseless claims.

natural is great. i eat naturally as much as possible. however, when it comes to healthcare you cannot deny thousandss of years of scientific innovation.

Edited by sydney_fellow

The dermal roller is an ancient acupuncture tool used for thousands of years. You should research the origins of it. It is a traditional treatment for hairloss scarring, etc.

The dermal roller is a modern adaption of the same principal. Look into the research a o.5mm and above needle inducts collagen so it does treat scarring. The deeper the scars are the longer the length of needles may be required and also the longer the treatment period.

Edited by AKL

2)If you use unnatural products with a dermal roller it enters the blood stream directly. A product containing vitamin a for example causes toxicity in the liver. YOu should look at the dangers of transdermal delivery. Transdermal delivery increases the absorption of a product in the skin by up to 10,000 times, if the product is toxic imagine what theat is doing to your health.

vitamin a is natural.. it is just usually synthesised for products..

and i really doubt topical application after derma rolling would be significant in comparison to ingestion.

:eh:

vitamin a is natural.. it is just usually synthesised for products..

and i really doubt topical application after derma rolling would be significant in comparison to ingestion.

:eh:

Using a o.5mm dermal roller or above makes microchannels in the skin . It has been scientifically proven to increase the absorbtion of topical applications by up to 10,000 times.

Also acupuncture has been scineticfically proven

Henry et al. demonstrated that microneedles of 150μm length resulted in a 10,000 increase in absorption of calcein by the skin after the microneedles were removed. Henry S, McAllister DV, Allen MG, Prausnitz MR. Microfabricated microneedles: a novel approach to transdermal drug delivery. J Pharm Sci. 1998 Aug;87(8):922-5

2. Kaushik et al (28) carried out a small trial to determine if microneedles are perceived as painless by human subjects. Microneedle arrays of 150μm length, were inserted into the skin of 12 subjects and compared to pressing a flat surface against the skin (negative control) and inserting a 26-gauge hypodermic needle into the skin surface (positive control). Subjects were unable to distinguish between the painless sensation of the flat surface and that caused by microneedles. Kaushik S, Hord AH, Denson DD, McAllister DV, Smitra S, Allen MG, Prausnitz MR. Lack of pain associated with microfabricatedmicroneedles. Anesth Analg. 2001 Feb;92(2):502-4.

3. Fernandes D. demonstrated that microneedling can induce up to a 1,000% increase in collagen after a single treatment. Fernandes D. Minimally invasive percutaneous collagen induction. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 2006;17:51-63.

4. Camirand, A. & Doucet, J. Demonstrated in case studies on a large number of patients that skin needling improves achromic, hypertrophic and unsightly scars in a simple safe and consistently effective way. Camirand, A. & Doucet, J. Needle Dermabrasion. Aesth. Plast. Surg. 21: 48-51, 1997.

Anyone who thinks needling the skin isnot acupuncture is misguided.