Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everyone, I have a problem here maybe you can help with. I am currently on Dan's regimen and it is clearing me up slowly but surely, and I am using Eucerin Renewal lotion. It works ok but leaves my skin papery feeling and dull. My skin is so dry before I put it on, and then it gets slightly moisturized when I put it on. It feels like the lotion isnt penetrating into my skin layers and it just sitting there. So then I break out sometimes in very dry areas - I feel like part of my problem is that when my skin gets dry and flaky, I have a bad habit of (very) gently rubbing the dead skin off when I am washing my cleanser off, and I think that irritation factor causes me to break out. So here's my million dollar question that this whole post is for: Does anyone know of any mask or anything that repairs dry dead skin and chemically exfoliates to get ride of flakes and dryness? It has to be very gentle and can not break me out, I dont want any new spots! Something that will smooth out and deeply moisturize my skin, so when I put on lotion and concealer it will not be all dry and uneven with flakiness. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

i use a moisture rich mask once or twice a week, depending on how dry i am. you may want to loser he dose of bp, i tried to sue it in the past, and it makes my skin so dry that it's totally uncomfortable. i've been using a moisture rich cleansing line by artisty the past few months. i've had very very very few break outs, and my skin feels soft and moisturized. i also use clear and clear black head exfoliating scrub for the days when my skin's EXTRA dry. yea, so, after all the babbling, my advice is to get products that are moisture rich. good luck!

A really gentle exfoliator is baking soda. Just mix it with some water and it will gently exfoilate!