Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mae312

does anyone just not care?

I've never worn foundation. I feel like the odd one out because it seems like every girl I know and certainly everyone who's had acne that I know does. I refuse to wear it - I'm more afraid of it irritating my skin than I am of other people seeing my skin the way it is. I've worn concealer on a few occasions after I'd picked at my skin and it looked really bad, but otherwise I just don't bother, and I don't care. And in all honesty, I think that sometimes it looks so much worse when people cover up obvious blemishes than when they just let them be.

Does anyone else feel like this??

I completely agree. I don't wear any makeup. I hate the way it smells and feels, primarily. Obviously a secondary reason to avoid it is fear of breakouts. I also feel no need to wear makeup. Why should I try to look perfect? I'm obviously not...no one is.

There's actually a whole thread dedicated to women who've just said "no" to wearing foundation. Check it out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/foundatio...me-t255215.html

I think it does look worse sometimes. But speaking from experience, once you have started wearing foundation and concealer everyday, it's more about the backlash I get from not wearing it now. I would love to wear makeup less. But at work (and when I was in high school) it would be a nightmare. So there you go.

I think it does look worse sometimes. But speaking from experience, once you have started wearing foundation and concealer everyday, it's more about the backlash I get from not wearing it now. I would love to wear makeup less. But at work (and when I was in high school) it would be a nightmare. So there you go.

I definitely understand that - all through high school I didn't want anyone to see me without eye makeup on, and in 12th grade I decided I wasn't going to wear it anymore. By the end of September I thought that if I heard "you look different" one more time I would kill someone. I'm not sure what possesses people to comment on someone's decision to not wear makeup or wear less of it. That should be a positive change, not something that people question.

I completely agree. I don't wear any makeup. I hate the way it smells and feels, primarily. Obviously a secondary reason to avoid it is fear of breakouts. I also feel no need to wear makeup. Why should I try to look perfect? I'm obviously not...no one is.

There's actually a whole thread dedicated to women who've just said "no" to wearing foundation. Check it out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/foundatio...me-t255215.html

Exactly! I always cringe when I see makeup advertisements that talk about "hiding all of your flaws so that you can feel more confident about yourself" - like it's completely unacceptable to have flaws even though EVERYONE DOES.

I definitely understand that - all through high school I didn't want anyone to see me without eye makeup on, and in 12th grade I decided I wasn't going to wear it anymore. By the end of September I thought that if I heard "you look different" one more time I would kill someone. I'm not sure what possesses people to comment on someone's decision to not wear makeup or wear less of it. That should be a positive change, not something that people question.

I agree. I don't know. I never cared either way how much makeup people wore. And I think it's rude to question someone on their personal hygiene period lol!!! But it's ok. Sometimes I get annoyed, but I think that I chose this so I might as well make the best of it. Although I do leave the house without makeup when I am running errands and stuff which I NEVER did before :)

Well I agree that make up commercials that advertise a product to "hide all flaws" is a little far fetched, however, I don't disagree with people buying it. I agree with people on here that say when they don't wear make up they don't feel like themselves. It's not bad to try and cover up what you think people shouldn't see. For example, I only go without make up around my immediate family, because I know they know what I look like and I know they wouldn't make a comment about my skin because they know I'm very sensitive about it. However, I never leave the house without make up, why? Because I don't want a stranger making a remark about me when they don't even know me.

That's just my opinion, lol.

hrm, i am kinda on the fence with foundation. it makes me feel good to cover up my skin and hide most of my facial imperfections. on the other hand, i think i would feel be even "better" if i just try to focus on my skincare and lay off the foundation for a bit. i have seen a lot of pictures of some women wearing no foundation and i envy them for their absolutely clear skin! i would like to be one of those women who has clear skin and not worry about relying on foundation.

If you guys (girls) look at my pics from the scar gallery, its hard to believe that since May, I have not worn any makeup. I literally just wash my face, tone, and apply sunscreen. Even though I still breakout (not as much as before since my regimen) and have alot of acne scarrng, I just realized that I don't have the time or patience like before to do my face.

I used to have to wear Mac's StudioFix powder foundation, draw in my eyebrows, apply blush and mascara and curl my eyelashes but for some reason now, I feel that everytime i use makeup now, its making my skin alot more sensitive and prone to breakouts. Even though my makeup routine never really broke me out, I guess im just being paranoid. So all in all, I just literally walk out the door with sunscreen despite the fact that I have scarring and some active breakouts. And TRUST, my skin is not crackin.