Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

acne.org cleansers breaking me out?

Guest Timehealsall

Did anyone else experience this with the cleanser? After using it for around two weeks, i have noticed that i have gotten more small bumps/pimples

I recently ran out of Cetaphil Cleanser, and I had ordered the Acne.org cleanser a while back, but I never used it. I then decided to use it since I was lazy and didn't feel like going to the store to get my Cetaphil. :P

Anyways, I think about 1-2 days after using the cleanser I broke out a little bit on my nose and my cheeks. Now, I must add, I tried doing BP once a day, and that might have broken me out because I did try doing BP only once a day, but I am just not sure.

It could either be the cleanser, or the fact that I started using BP only once a day. Well, let me tell you, I will be using BP 2x a day religiously. Acne is not going to come back on my face.

I must ask. What products do you use? Are you using AHA? If so, how was it for you? Did it clear your acne? :)

Guest Timehealsall

i am not using aha, i am using the acne.org cleanser(before this i was using clenia foaming wash, which worked really well, but it has sulfur and sodium sulfectamide in it) and i am using neutrogena on the spot treatment as my BP. I have a question, do you use the cetaphil gentle cleansing cleanser? Does it ever break you out? Do most people break out from it? Do you know of any other good cleansers for oily skin?

i am not using aha, i am using the acne.org cleanser(before this i was using clenia foaming wash, which worked really well, but it has sulfur and sodium sulfectamide in it) and i am using neutrogena on the spot treatment as my BP. I have a question, do you use the cetaphil gentle cleansing cleanser? Does it ever break you out? Do most people break out from it? Do you know of any other good cleansers for oily skin?

I think I figured out why I broke out. It is because, as I stated earlier, I went from 2 applications of BP everyday to 1 application. The Acne.org Cleanser didn't break me out. It was not doing the BP 2Xx a day that broke me out. I use Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin. I never broke out from it, I am not sure if other people have. You should look at reviews of Cetaphil and see what you think.

Here are some other good skin cleansers for oily skin:

1. Cetaphil

2. Acne.org Cleanser

3. and any other cleanser that Dan recommends when using the regimen.

Here are the products I am using:

Cetaphil

Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide

Jojoba Oil

...and my AHA is coming in the mail in a few days. I just ordered it. I plan on using the AHA about 3x a week, and applying it as my nightly moisturizer.

Hope this helps! :dance:

Guest Timehealsall

are you using the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, or the cetaphil cleanser for oily skin?

are you using the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, or the cetaphil cleanser for oily skin?

The one for normal to oily skin. I am going to start using the Acne.org cleanser though. I feel that it didn't break me out and it cleans my skin more than Cetaphil does.