Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fnix

Is this a cyst?

I popped a pimple a month ago on my temple and it went away until 2 weeks ago when it came back but instead of turning into a whitehead it is just a dark slightly raised blemish and it hurts really bad if I touch it. I accidently hit it coming out of the shower and blood came out and nothing else. It looks like a big lump full of blood. What should I do? I am not touching it because I am afraid it will spread infection deeper. Could I try making a hole with a sterilized needle and letting it drain?

I popped a pimple a month ago on my temple and it went away until 2 weeks ago when it came back but instead of turning into a whitehead it is just a dark slightly raised blemish and it hurts really bad if I touch it. I accidently hit it coming out of the shower and blood came out and nothing else. It looks like a big lump full of blood. What should I do? I am not touching it because I am afraid it will spread infection deeper. Could I try making a hole with a sterilized needle and letting it drain?

I would just leave it alone as difficult as that may be. Dont go pricking it with a needle because you could potentially scar it. Sometimes, if I get a similar blemish to what you are describing, I'll put polysporin. Try putting that and a bandaid on top and sleeping wtih that (I dont expect you to go out in public with a bandaid on your temple ;) )

If it is really bugging you I would consider a cortisone injection. It will shrink it down in a matter of days and shouldn't leave any type of scarring. I know where I am from in Canada I can get however many I want for 25$, and have had good results so far. It doesn't prevent cysts or nodules but it seems to get rid of them rather quickly.