Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newbly

I never thought I would breakdown

I pulled up to work today, and just started crying. I just couldnt help it. Lol Im also a 19 year old male sad.gif I pulled in and looked into the rear view mirror and started to cry. Its amazing how acne can affect you emotionaly. It was also a number of reasons, one I am such a nice person. I go out of my way to help my friends or complete strangers. I went to the bar last night with alot of my friends and if you looked around you would see the people with perfect skin and no apparent problems getting women or vice versa. I was glad i with my friends, but it bugged the shit out of me to see people I know who are jerks get whatever they wanted (I know this sounds petty...sorry). I am also mad at myself for crying, because currently I only have 3 active pimples (its going to get worse im on differin now). and I know that other people have it much worse then me and are stronger. Which only made me feel like crying more. I hope this new routine works, man I hope it works. It blows my mind how unfair this world is, and how much our society puts perssure on phsycial apperance (I know this has been said hundreds of times). It blows my mind but then I get caught up in it to, even though I know physical beauty on TV, movies, and print is totally bogus. I just cant help it, I and i think i speak for everyone else, we still want to look like those people even when we know that looking like that is almost impossible for an average person. But then I counter this and say that if i had clear skin and i would be perfectly happy with myself. I almost went ape shit on my mom, we were at the airport terminal waiting for a flight, and she hands my little sister a teen people magazine. My little sister is 10. My mom kept pushing my little sister to read the magazine, and would make comments on how nice their hair looks and would my sister like it if her hair looked like that. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. My mom btw is a kind, intelligent, and loving woman and this blew my mind even more that she was doing this.

Hell I use to be so confident. I use to have clear skin, and I never thought about acne, and i was the asshole who would think to themselves as i would walk by someone with acne and make rude comments to myself. I would never say anything out loud ever, cause that is just so cruel and mean. But now i know how those people felt and the fact that i ridiculed them hurts me so bad. it also makes me tear up now to know that for a fact people are doing the same to me cause i was that asshole who would think to themselves. Ill stop ranting, for now...

I know how you feel i have tons of marks on my face to. I just whish this would all go away. That no one would feel pain. But we have to live through it i guess. How long have you been going through acne. I to used to make comments about overwheight peeps and other stuff. But i also know how it feels. I just hope this goes away. Good Luck

newbly, i'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you think your skin is bad now, wait til you put differin on your face....sorry man, i went from mild acne to almost severe with cysts on that stuff, i wish you the best of luck on it. fingerscrossed.

Man this is some bad news lol thanks guys. Im on minocycline twice a day, then benzamycin in the monring, differin at night. God this differin stuff i have yet to hear a good thing about it. I just called my Derm's office and she is supposed to call me back. Im going to ask her about this defferin stuff. Ive been reading about it the past couple of days. It seems like one of those medicines that give you hope but make you worse so that doctor and company who makes the medicine can get more money from you.

I didn't get any breakouts from Differin. It helped a little. It cleared blackheads better than anything I have ever used, but overall, it didn't quite do what I had hoped for the rest of my face.

Hang in there, buddy. I know I have been EXACTLY where you are. Things will get better. You're going to make it.

thanks for the replies, That night at the bar i saw so many friends who wanted to hang out with me, which helps alot to have good people around you who dont judge ya. I spoke to my derm and i was spitting out all these facts that i learned from this message board and she was getting really frustrated cause i was second guessing her. It was great she kept saying how long she went to school and i should trust her. In the end, she told me if this routine doesnt clear me up in 1 month she will put me on accutane. Its amazing how people change when you know what you are talking about. When I went for my appointment two days before i talked to her on the phone, she just shurgged me off and handed me perscriptions and told me to come back in 3 months.. anyway went on a tangent there, thanks for the replies this message board really does kick ass.

hi newbly! if you get a chance, try 'tazorac'. i used differin and like alot of people it broke me out like crazy. but taz has no initial breakout, an just clears things up well... good luck! caroline

ahhhhhhhh take that tube of differin and throw it away right now. I went from mild acne to severe after using that crap tube known as Differin. I don't want to to the bearer or bad news, but I don't think it will do jack for you. I hope it does and you can shove it back in my face. Good Luck

Newbly, I'm doing the same thing you are: BP in the morning, Differin at night, Minocycline twice a day. I had terrible acne, and now I'm almost clear, since I started using the BP the way the regimen suggests. For me Differin DID work, and continues to work well.

Im so impressed with the people on this message board, helpful and caring and you dont even know me. My derm insisted i stick with differin, and if it doesnt work she will help me out. So im gonig to listen to what she says and hope that it works. Im glad to hear that positive info form you teplo I hope i have the same reaction you did. Im sorry to hear about your reaction to differin enter the dragon, it sounds like your also not the only one with horrible luck with this medication.