Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justinxg27

Starting Accutane one last time :)

Hey guys, please read this first: *Won't let me post link sorry

Anyway, I went back to the dermatologist today and the first thing my derm said was "Wow, this is the best your skin's been". If you read the other post you will notice me saying that I thought my acne was coming back. Well, I don't know whether I've been looking in bad mirror, or just recently it's cleared up, but for my derm to tell me that is a real confidence boost. Just so you know, this is 3 months after my derm took me off it.

Anyways, in suprise I'm looking at my derm and saying "You can't be for real..", she then told me I only have like 4 spots on my face. I was like, well.. the oil is pretty bad, which makes it look worse,

Then she said, "I don't want to put you on another one for just a few spots", I said "Please, just for the oil, if I get any bad side effects I will go straight off it..", so eventually she did say yes, and put me on it.

So I've had my first pill and I hope the oil goes away for a while. This is my 4th box, but after my 3rd, I was taken off it for 3 months.

Edited by justinxg27

mann.. you know your skin.. if your skin is bad, its bad... if your true to yourself u havent seen improvement, then u will KNOW yourself if theres been improvement.

you shouldnt have to deal with this kinda thing. when i was 17, clear skin, the odd teenage pimple and thats it..

now, im 21 and never had worse skin in my life - oily - breaking out nearly everday - ughhh.. YES! -- i kno everyone is different, but dont be satisfied with what your derm saids.. if YOU are not happy with yourself, then make that change, make that difference, and have that confidence you want to have

just do what it takes for YOU to be happy, is all im saying. acne is temporary, dont let it ruin your life for longer then it needs to =) good luck dude

How bad is your skin (Pic) and how long have you been on accutane? Getting an idea on the condition of your acne, gives a better idea whether you should keep going with it or if there isn't a better alternitive. Also, what is your normal diet consist of? A lot of what you take in can have complications or difuse the effectiveness of the medication.

lol.. i ate EVERYTHING ages 13-17 ..could smash maccas and pizza twice a day if i wanted ..

its ALL to do with hormones. eating greasy foods obviously wont help the acne you ALREADY have.. BUT.. the route and cause of the problems is your hormones out of whack - therefore - producing to much oil .. = pimples! .. good times ayyy lol

control the oil glands = controlling acne .. if accutane is what it takes to do that, then so be it. if you have tried all other measures, then so be it.

home remedies, over counter creams/lotions, antibiotics, topical creams, eating the right foods rich in certain vitamins, green tea, ample amounts of water .. lol .... tried em all..

im just saying dont waste your time any longer than u need to.. LIFE IS WAITING FOR YOU DUDE!

How bad is your skin (Pic) and how long have you been on accutane? Getting an idea on the condition of your acne, gives a better idea whether you should keep going with it or if there isn't a better alternitive. Also, what is your normal diet consist of? A lot of what you take in can have complications or difuse the effectiveness of the medication.

Well, as I started in the post 3 packs, with a 12 weeks off it, then back on it now. So, 6 months worth that will be. Also, I only has moderate acne, but acne gives me such low self esteem these days..

Took these 5 minutes ago:

IMG0114A.jpg

Edited by justinxg27