Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
retaliate

Glycolic Acid Peels

Hello, I'm interested in doing some glycolic acid peels. I was wondering which websites carry reputable brands? I was going to buy one off amazon but I heard that strengths vary and I'll like to get a good one.

Also, can this be used with active acne? Can I just avoid the areas with pimples? And does this work on red marks as well?

I heard that some skin prepping is needed, I have some Alpha hydroxy body lotion, would that be good to prep my skin? I've used Alpha hydroxy products before and I my skin isn't sensitive to it although it did break me out.

Thanks for your input on this :dance:

Edited by retaliate

Hello, I'm interested in doing some glycolic acid peels. I was wondering which websites carry reputable brands? I was going to buy one off amazon but I heard that strengths vary and I'll like to get a good one.

Also, can this be used with active acne? Can I just avoid the areas with pimples? And does this work on red marks as well?

I heard that some skin prepping is needed, I have some Alpha hydroxy body lotion, would that be good to prep my skin? I've used Alpha hydroxy products before and I my skin isn't sensitive to it although it did break me out.

Not to scare you or anything but i hope you are not planning to do it to yourself. That could be dangerous for your skin. I have an aesthetician that I go to.

Not to scare you or anything but i hope you are not planning to do it to yourself. That could be dangerous for your skin. I have an aesthetician that I go to.

Are the chances of it going wrong high? I was hoping to start with a relatively low % like 35% or so...

I'm a student so I don't have tons of cash, how much does your aesthetician charge you per go?

Are the chances of it going wrong high? I was hoping to start with a relatively low % like 35% or so...

I'm a student so I don't have tons of cash, how much does your aesthetician charge you per go?

I think so, but that is just my opinion. I would not do it to my own skin. plus when you get it done at your dermathologist's office or with an aesthetician at a spa...you know they are using the real stuff.

And, yes, there are prepping done to your skin prior to doing a glycolic peel. My aesthetician worked on my face for 3 months with visits to her every 2 weeks, she used other less potent peels to bring most of my black heads and postules to the surface.

Sorry! it's just that, we only have one face....we need to be nice to it.

I just ordered a 30% glycolic peel from makeupartistschoice.com . they're pretty popular as far as at home peels go

this will be my first glycolic peel too so im pretty excited

i ordered 12.5 % TCA peel from make up artist and that thing didnt peel! i put on 2-3 layers too!

most people are leathery skinned and peeling with that strength. my skin must be weird...

its day 4 and my skin isnt really leathery. looks normal

I would prep with AHA for about two weeks or so and than do a peel either glycolic or TCA, I do them myself at home with no problems, just do your reasearch and form a good plan, make sure you follow the direction exactly and oh sunscreen everyday after the peel is a must!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies =)

I'm looking at makeupartistschoice, and I'm wondering what oz kit to get? How much applications can you get out of say the 1 oz kit?

The website states there are no peeling, is this true for glycolic acid peels? I was thinking about stopping at the end of August when school resumes because I would have to go to classes, but if there is no downtime, then I can continue to use it xD

I'm not looking at TCA peels at the moment because its a stronger peel, but thanks for telling me that chee6119!

What website do you order yours from foxyhound?