Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gopack

Question from a bit of a newcomer

Before I found this website, I was on my own "regimen" if that's what you want to call it. I had/have tried many different products and it seemed I was finally getting some sort of combination right. Anyway, once I found this website I altered my regimen a bit and have had good results with it so far. In fact my face is looking as good as it has looked in years.

Now that the little intro is done with, here's the real question...

I get up and go to work at anywhere from 8-9 am. Being that I'm no morning person I prefer to shower in the evening and sleep in a bit in the morning. I wash my face and everything when I wake up, go to work (outside on a farm) and come home hot and sweaty. I take a shower then - around 5 or later most days - then head to the gym. After the gym I shower again. So by now it's maybe 7 or 8. I don't wash my face and use the BP till I go to bed which may be around 11. So my question is, does taking two showers (or even one for that matter) between doing my regimen change anything? Does that wash off the BP or anything? And what do you guys wash your face with in the shower? I just use bar soap.

Also, I haven't had as bad a reaction to the BP has some of the pages/videos on this site have mentioned, probably because I have been using BP products for a while now. But I have noticed that my face seems to sweat more than normal (I'm outside a lot, and I've noticed my face will start to sweat quicker and more often than before) now that I've increased my BP usage. Just wondered if anyone else had that happen...

Long read, sorry about that.

Thanks.

Edited by gopack

Before I found this website, I was on my own "regimen" if that's what you want to call it. I had/have tried many different products and it seemed I was finally getting some sort of combination right. Anyway, once I found this website I altered my regimen a bit and have had good results with it so far. In fact my face is looking as good as it has looked in years.

Now that the little intro is done with, here's the real question...

I get up and go to work at anywhere from 8-9 am. Being that I'm no morning person I prefer to shower in the evening and sleep in a bit in the morning. I wash my face and everything when I wake up, go to work (outside on a farm) and come home hot and sweaty. I take a shower then - around 5 or later most days - then head to the gym. After the gym I shower again. So by now it's maybe 7 or 8. I don't wash my face and use the BP till I go to bed which may be around 11. So my question is, does taking two showers (or even one for that matter) between doing my regimen change anything? Does that wash off the BP or anything? And what do you guys wash your face with in the shower? I just use bar soap.

Also, I haven't had as bad a reaction to the BP has some of the pages/videos on this site have mentioned, probably because I have been using BP products for a while now. But I have noticed that my face seems to sweat more than normal (I'm outside a lot, and I've noticed my face will start to sweat quicker and more often than before) now that I've increased my BP usage. Just wondered if anyone else had that happen...

Long read, sorry about that.

Thanks.

Hey, glad to hear the regimen is working for you! Because you work on a farm and are probably out in the sun a lot, make sure you use a moisturizer with SPF. Benzoyl Peroxide makes your skin more sensitive when it comes to sun exposure. If you don't use SPF (like me, lol..I should really) you'll notice your face will start to tan faster than your neck and body does.

When you come home from the farm and wash your face, you actually are washing off the BP. Washing your face 3 times a day might be a little too irritating (and leaving your skin without BP for several hours between shower-gym-shower). What you could do is skip the shower after the farm and just go to the gym all dirty and sweaty, lol.

If the regimen is working wonders for you and you've been doing the wash face-shower-shower routine since you've started (taking into consideration it's been over 2 weeks now), than I wouldn't really worry about it all that much. But I do know that washing more than twice a day will irritate your skin and irritation could lead to breakouts.

I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser in the shower as my face wash.

Edit/ Just wanted to add that I work really weird hours too. I've figured out how to work the regimen around my hours so I'm applying BP only twice a day, about 10-14 hours apart from each other. Sweat normally doesn't irritate my skin; I know because I sweat like crazy in the summer. Sometimes I'm actually sweating when I'm putting BP on hahaha.

Edited by Kat Kerfuffle

It's been about two weeks. And I'm only doing the BP/regimen twice a day (as recommended), and there is some slight irritation (dry skin mainly), but also washing my face with just bar soap in the shower. So I guess you could say I'm washing my face 4 times a day sometimes (although BP only twice). And as you said, I have noticed that I am getting more sun burnt that usual. I work outside so much that I really don't just burn from being outside all day, but I've definitely noticed my that my cheeks have gotten some sun on them recently, which I assume is the BP. But, as you stated, what I'm doing is working and I'd hate to mess that up.