Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srotriya

Need some help and advice

I've been on the regimen for three months. My skin still looks really bad...

It's hard to know what to do.

I'm tempted to just give up and go on accutane.

Am I just a hopeless case or will it get better overtime?

Does anybody have any advice or opinions about this? Preferably someone who has been through this before. I would appreciate it.

I'm so tired of having acne. I just want to be able to enjoy my life.

Edited by srotriya

alright, next. exactly what products are you using? run me through your regimen, give me some details.

I'm using the acne.org products dude.

I just do the regimen how Dan says to do it. Twice a day, about 12 hours apart. I'm not using any special products or deviating from it in any way.

have you seen ANY improvement whatsoever? i mean, i know a lot of people that clear up fast, but i also know a lot of people like myself that did take quite some time to eventually have it be a true success story. if you're not seeing ANY of that improvement, and your skin is still pretty much like what it was when you started, then you definitely have a problem.

have you seen ANY improvement whatsoever? i mean, i know a lot of people that clear up fast, but i also know a lot of people like myself that did take quite some time to eventually have it be a true success story. if you're not seeing ANY of that improvement, and your skin is still pretty much like what it was when you started, then you definitely have a problem.

What do you mean by "quite some time"? What is your story

I have a major acne problem.

Yes I've seen some small improvement.

Edited by srotriya

well i saw improvement in my acne after 3 months at the regimen, but i remember i wasn't clear yet at all. i was still dealing with a healthy amount of red marks and a pimple every couple days. i don't think i really got past my active acne until 6 or 6 and a half months. i made some other changes too to help the process though, just in taking a more healthy action towards life and everything.

it's just everyones skin works differently, and results come quicker to others. they didn't really come that quick for me, but they did come. i would say if you have seen some improvement, just keep going with it and try not to get too discouraged. this thing definitely isn't a quick battle.

I definitely feel for you, dude. I have had acne since I was about 12. After 100's of face cleansers I FINALLY found Acne.org and I ordered the regimen, and started using it. I cleared in about 2 weeks.

Then, I skipped a few nights of the BP and I broke out bad. I was devastated my face went from the best it has EVER been (clear,glowing,soft) right back to acne. It was horrible. I started back up on the regimen and using the BP and I didn't completely clear for about 3 weeks. I was mad, beacsue it had taken me 2 weeks last time to clear, but I decided if it worked on the worst acne I had had when I started, then it can clear this breakout that I had brought upon myself. I stuck through it, and I got my clear skin back. Then just recently, like last week, I had tried using the BP 1x a day and I broke out. So, now I have a breakout on my nose, around my nose, and a tiny one on my right cheek by my nose. I am so mad at myself right now. But I did it. It's my fault. What I am trying to say is stick through it. That's all. If your skin is still the same in about 2 weeks, you should personally e-mail Dan and Dan should be able to help you. He guided me and so did everyone else on Acne.org through my rough acne times. The message boards are SO helpful and so are the reviews. What is the state of your skin now?

well i saw improvement in my acne after 3 months at the regimen, but i remember i wasn't clear yet at all. i was still dealing with a healthy amount of red marks and a pimple every couple days. i don't think i really got past my active acne until 6 or 6 and a half months. i made some other changes too to help the process though, just in taking a more healthy action towards life and everything.

it's just everyones skin works differently, and results come quicker to others. they didn't really come that quick for me, but they did come. i would say if you have seen some improvement, just keep going with it and try not to get too discouraged. this thing definitely isn't a quick battle.

that's what you have to keep in mind

Edited by joeyci91

I'm approaching the end of my second month (I stared on May 31st). I'm still pretty frustrated even though it's early in the game... My forehead and nose/chin blackheads have virtually disappeared. This I am VERY happy about, but what frustrates me is my lower cheeks/jawline area. I (on average) get about 3 new cystic whiteheads on each side EVERY DAY. I have one particularly large cyst way down deep on my left cheek. I can stand 3 feet from the mirror without glasses/contacts and see the damn thing.

I'm going to the dermatologist on the 29th just to ask her advice on this regiment and see what she has to say... I'm hesitant to get any new prescriptions from her. And being one of the 3 dermatologists in my town that can prescribe Accutane, I know I'll be tempted, but I really just want to check with her on this regiment and see her opinion on it. I've already been to two dermatologists. One was an old man and put me on Benzeclin and Differin about 5 years ago. He has since died and the products never worked. Last year I saw a new one, and he had me come in every six weeks to have my pores cleared and it HURT. Horribly. Left me red, swollen, and unable to leave my dorm room for a whole day every time he did it. It didn't work. It scarred me. Then the sulfur wash he gave me didn't do anything over the course of 5 months.

Hopefully my new lady will be much more informative and helpful.