Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is anyone here too embarrassed to do simple things?

Get a haircut

Go shopping

Hang out with friends

See my freaking doctor!?

I think I've hit a new low.

yup I've been there. You've gotta try to get out there. I know it's hard but that's the challenge you have to face inorder to grow. The more you go out it will become easier to do hopefully. If the problem persists you may have anxiety issues.

haircut basically lol

Mainly I just dont want to look in the mirror for like half an hour straight just staring at myself, to see all the marks and shit, also paranoid of hairdressers thinking 'wtf' or making a comment about my skin, when cutting my hair

i'm not embarassed with the other stuff though, especially doctor you shouldnt be , they are there to help, and they would of seen much worse stuff then acne.

edit: actually yeah when I broke out probably was a little embarassed for the other ones, like friends and stuff, but i'm just talking currently, since I only get the occasional spots since taking accutane, so it's mainly just redmarks and scars, which still sucks but I dont mind doing things now.

Edited by brandish

Ditto on the haircut. I really need to get mine today but i def am not having these horrible breakouts right now. I am hoping they subside by the weekend so i can on monday. I just hate sitting in the chair in front of everyone else waiting staring at you, and then your barber standing up real close in front of you trimming your hair. She is prolly disgusted as hell.

omg. haircut is the worst! i have a really embarassing story about that. Well a couple... One time i was wearing makeup and the hair dresser really scrubs ur hair line and a ton of my coverup came off! so embarrasing. But the worst was when i had a couple pimples along my hairline and she srubbed so hard that one started bleeding! and she had to put a tissue on it in front of everyone there... then i had to stare at my skin for the next 30 mins. :( it was horrible!

Also the dentist sucks... They are so close to your face. touching all around ur mouth, pressing on ur cheeks. One time i had a pimple on my chin near my mouth. it was sooo embarrassing, the girl kept touching and pressing it by accident. i also had makeup on so it rubbed off cuz she kept pulling on my gums. UGH.

But the worst was when i had a couple pimples along my hairline and she srubbed so hard that one started bleeding! and she had to put a tissue on it in front of everyone there... then i had to stare at my skin for the next 30 mins. :( it was horrible!

Damn that must of been hella embarrassing lol. I havent even had a bad experience yet, but i hate hairdressers, mainly just the staring at my face for that long, and thats without something bleeding!

Regarding the hairdressing issue. DEL XX and I feel that we may have identified a gap in the market for mirror-free hairdressing salons. Since the people who work there invariably have glowing complexions we thought we'd advertise for staff stating: 'People with perfect skin need not apply'. HaHa!

I also have a haircut incident. I have a chin length bob (have done for years) and my hairdresser hadnt seen me post break out and it was BAD on the day i went all over my jawline and cheek.

I could see my hairdresser thinking WTF and he kept accidedntly brushing them withhis hand as he tried to cut the hair near my jaw line. He had to get relly close to trim my hair and I was really concerned one was gonna pop. It was awful!

Get a haircut

Go shopping

Hang out with friends

See my freaking doctor!?

never..I love a challenge

Yep, I"m definitely embarrassed, and it doesn't help being shy either, but hey you gotta deal with it right. Oh and today I'm almost positive I heard the dental assistant crack jokes about me,

omg. haircut is the worst! i have a really embarassing story about that. Well a couple... One time i was wearing makeup and the hair dresser really scrubs ur hair line and a ton of my coverup came off! so embarrasing. But the worst was when i had a couple pimples along my hairline and she srubbed so hard that one started bleeding! and she had to put a tissue on it in front of everyone there... then i had to stare at my skin for the next 30 mins. :( it was horrible!

Also the dentist sucks... They are so close to your face. touching all around ur mouth, pressing on ur cheeks. One time i had a pimple on my chin near my mouth. it was sooo embarrassing, the girl kept touching and pressing it by accident. i also had makeup on so it rubbed off cuz she kept pulling on my gums. UGH.

OHhh i know how you feel on that. I hate haircuts. Once a hairdresser actually asked if it hurt. (WTF? THANKS?)

dentist sucks too haha

It's definitely a battle to get myself out every day. I don't even go out to dinner anymore other than drive-thru or take out. And if I do go out, I always wear a hat and sunglasses. "I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, so I can..." :cool::lol:

I've been a large company representative for years but since I've moved back from California, I'm just going to take an overnight warehouse job because the acne has a big effect on my confidence in sales.

And I also neglect getting hair cuts because of the embarrassment and fear of bleeding as another member already experienced. :redface:

So yeah, my life is basically on hold until I get this condition under control.

OMG the hairdresser thing! yeah... i just went recently to get my hair colored (which is the worse because of the shampooing) and of course they usually wipe the hairline/sides of face where the dye gets on your skin but wtf, this girl literally wiped the whole left side of face wiping all my makeup of!! i had to effin sit there the rest of the time with my breakouts totally visible now on my left cheek, red and all. it was so embarassing-- especially when she was washing my hair staring at it the whole time =( it's the worstttt

Well, it sucks that we are all in the same shitty boat. But I'm glad a few of you spoke out! It's also nice to know I'm not alone. I agree, haircut is the worst. And its not helpful that the salon I go to has the most gorgeous girls with flawless skin... Such a bummer to look at them the whole time....F that mirror too. I've basically been putting off my haircut for MONTHS. I have split ends now!!

I need to man up. And yes, I'm a girl....

hahahah yaa, the bleeding thing was AWFUL. i wanted to cry. i was just like.. ugh really now. kill me.

You could just where a bag over your head! .................just kidding just kidding.

Though, i'd like to dress up as a clown, in make up and all and just walk around town like that. Basically, just to take attention of my face. I'd Take a horn and start honking at people and smileing at people, acting like everything is normal ahahaha. ahaha oo eha I'm Mr. Giggles, Wanna see what's in my pocket...Ahahaha ooh eha Mr. Giggles....haahahahaha!

But i've been there, Especially the dentist part. They shine that big bright light and elevate you, so they can see your entire face. Not to mention when they poke and press down your face, which can be quite painful and embarasssing. Especially, if they end up popping a pimple accidentally.

There hardest thing is not being able to look people squarely in the face and looking away or down the whole time. Never posing for any pictures or wanting to be anywhere where there's ton of people like the mall, fair, a bank, a sit-down restraunt, a sporting event or school function.

YOu become extremely paranoid and very tense.

You could just where a bag over your head! .................just kidding just kidding.

Though, i'd like to dress up as a clown, in make up and all and just walk around town like that. Basically, just to take attention of my face. I'd Take a horn and start honking at people and smileing at people, acting like everything is normal ahahaha. ahaha oo eha I'm Mr. Giggles, Wanna see what's in my pocket...Ahahaha ooh eha Mr. Giggles....haahahahaha!

I saw a show once about how people are automatically trusting of mascots or people in friendly-looking costumes. People will look at you and smile and hug you without a second thought. So maybe that's not such a bad idea... I always wanted to be the Michelin man (Bibendum) myself. :lol:

^ ahaaha yeah but I'd mostly do it for the reactions. Nothing like doing some grocery shopping one afternoon and out of the blue, a clown pushing a grocery chart wizzes on by you. :lol: Just leaves with the thought of how totally random that was and a "what the heck", did I just see that expression!

Ahaha or coming up to kids and saying "Hey kid, Wanna honk my big red schnoze and people end up hearing a loud, annoying squeek. lolz

The worst part though would be if: you ended up taking all that stuff off and still have some say: "you have a second constume afterneath"?!! Which, this statement would be referring to the acne on my face. Some people would probably actually think and say that.

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619

Damn. People are mean sometimes. Long story short (I often wear bandaids on my face for skin healing/infection issues) and people ALWAYS say something "funny" at work. Top 5 most repeated....

"Haha, your boyfriend slug you?" (vastly inapropriate in my opinion)

"Cut yourself shaving?" (which is "hilarious" because I'm a girl)

"You win the fight?" (This one I dont mind as much, at least they give me some credit)

"Is there a tattoo under there?" (Yeah, on my face, way to go Sherlock)

AND the most awkward one is..........

"Do you need help? Is your boyfriend/family member/stalker/coworker/boss/professor/ hurting you?" *worried look*

NO IDIOT. I JUST HAVE A FUCKING BANDAID ON MY FACE. sorry for the rant. people just amuse the hell out of me sometimes.

And I didnt even mention KIDS. OMG they scream at the top of their lungs. WHAT HAPPENED?!!?!?

:lol:

Ok. It's a little funny. But it kinda sucks because when I was really bandaid-ed people would shoot my boyfriend dirty looks. Not cool.

:lol:

Ok. It's a little funny. But it kinda sucks because when I was really bandaid-ed people would shoot my boyfriend dirty looks. Not cool.

lol!! sorry not laughing at you, just at the way some people are!

When me and Ellie set up our business we will let u know......got to learn how to cut hair first though!!!!

Get a haircut

Go shopping

Hang out with friends

See my freaking doctor!?

I have been trimming my own hair for a year

i shop mostly online

dont do much with friends

hate sitting waiting to see doctor with everyone looking at me!!

im with u all the way!