Notifications
Clear all

is it possible that fish oil can cause breakouts?

MemberMember
(@helloninja)

Posted : 07/16/2010 8:33 am

Im in regimen for 26 days now. I only got about 5 active pimples and my old acne is gradually fading in my day 23 but when I started to take fish oil once a day for 2 days, I noticed that huge pimples coming out to my face especially to my cheeks, 15 new pimples overall.

so I wonder if fish oil cause this or still part of the purging process of the regimen. right now, I stopped taking fish oil. I am so sad right now, I felt like I am in my day1 in regimen again :(

PS: I take multivitamins,extra vit c and chelated zinc. once a day.

thanks!

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 07/16/2010 5:47 pm

This is what scares me >.< I went to a spa yesterday where I'm getting a laser treatment next week and I asked her if she thinks vitamins/supplements help acne. She suggested fish oil but I've read several times on here that people notice it makes them worse...

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/16/2010 6:01 pm

Honestly man. I was taking fish oil since I was in high school. I am now 20 and stopped taking fish oil about 4 months ago. My acne has completely faded. That's not all due to the fish oil. But I definitely do not think I benefited from fish oil. I would use blotting sheets every hour and it would be covered I mean covered with oil. Now, my skin is actually the most dry it's ever been. But then agin, every one is different so I have no idea what may work for you ;)

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 07/16/2010 6:23 pm

Many fish oil manufacturers sell pills that are contaminated with pcb's, up to 10 times the legal limit. When you buy fish oil, make sure it's free of contaminants. There's a couple of brands that come with a guarantee/certificate. Also, the IFOS program has a list of tested fish oil brands on their website.

MemberMember
(@q_p)

Posted : 07/16/2010 6:50 pm

Fish oil always gives me hive-like cysts, no matter the brand or the dosage.

You'd probably be better off eating sardines or salmon a few times a week.

MemberMember
(@helloninja)

Posted : 07/17/2010 1:26 am

This is what scares me >.< I went to a spa yesterday where I'm getting a laser treatment next week and I asked her if she thinks vitamins/supplements help acne. She suggested fish oil but I've read several times on here that people notice it makes them worse...

huhu. I wish I read others opinion first too before trying fish oil. thanks for reply! :)

Honestly man. I was taking fish oil since I was in high school. I am now 20 and stopped taking fish oil about 4 months ago. My acne has completely faded. That's not all due to the fish oil. But I definitely do not think I benefited from fish oil. I would use blotting sheets every hour and it would be covered I mean covered with oil. Now, my skin is actually the most dry it's ever been. But then agin, every one is different so I have no idea what may work for you ;)

good for you,yea you're right. maybe fish oil is not for me and for my my acne prone skin. thanks for reply! :)

Many fish oil manufacturers sell pills that are contaminated with pcb's, up to 10 times the legal limit. When you buy fish oil, make sure it's free of contaminants. There's a couple of brands that come with a guarantee/certificate. Also, the IFOS program has a list of tested fish oil brands on their website.

thanks for the link :) but I think I wont take any fish oil again. :(

Fish oil always gives me hive-like cysts, no matter the brand or the dosage.

You'd probably be better off eating sardines or salmon a few times a week.

aww, will do! thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@hi-im-john)

Posted : 07/17/2010 1:37 am

anything can cause a breakout for anyone...EVERYONE is dif, some things work, some don't

MemberMember
(@minime006)

Posted : 04/13/2014 7:55 pm

no you're just experiencing a detox.you're just purging.allow it because it also happen to me and all my detox acne were gone.just wait for a maximum a 6 months.because that's the standard time to release all the toxins that have been buildup overtime.relax.eat vegetables,fruits,eat organic foods.avoid starch,sugar,wheat,gluten,finesalt.after 2-3 months of changing and continous fish oil supplement you will feel a physical.emotional and spiritual change.just research all about detox and you're acne will be gone even the scars.just don't rush things be patient.anyway overtime you will build stronger sense of patience.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:32 pm

Some people are sensitive to oil. I only tried 1 brand of fish oil so I can't really generalize, but it did make my skin a bit worse and also gave me stomach pain.