Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
must-clear-acne

On Taz, wondering what else to use.

I've been using Tazorac gel .1% for about 10 weeks now, and I've seen good improvement, but not as much as I'd like. I'm also prescribed to erythromycin-BP gel, 3% erythromycin and 5% benzoyl peroxide.

I also have clindamycin phosphate pledglets that are equal to 1% clindamycin.

I haven't been using the erythro-BP gel as much as prescribed, and I know I should.

My main question is, are the clindamycin and erythromycin going to help me alot, if I do use them more regularly?

Also, should I go on an anti-biotic? If so, which one.

I am using clindagel right now, which is a form of clindamycin. It kind of...doesn't work as well as i thought. I've been using it for five weeks along with tazorac. I used to take bp and erythromycin and they totally worked well. I'm thinking about asking for some at my next appt. It's either that or the accutane.

Clindagel doesnt work anything imo. But you have good solid products. Of Course i praise tazorac, but also taz + Bp + an Oral Antibiotic would be a good punch towards acne.

well, some antibiotics can cause your stomach to be upset. minocycline didn't do this at all and it works fine.

Hey all,

I have tried just about every combination in the book but I think I've found one that works. I use Tazorac+Benzaclin (topical) and take Doryx pills. That has worked by FAR the best of anything I've ever tried.