Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinwannabe

Blood Tests & Blackheads

Hi I have two questions:

1. Blood tests - I have been reading through posts on here about most people having a monthly blood test to check for any problems. However I have been told by my derm that I will only need one at the start, middle (after 3 months) and I don't think she even mentioned at the end. This is through the NHS in the UK. I am starting to get worried that a problem may be picked up on when it is too late due to the length of time in between each blood test. Should I be worried?

2. Blackheads - I have loads of blackheads on my nose, which I know a lot of people suffer from. However I am worried that they are quite deep and if roaccutane does help to remove them then I will be left with big deep indents in my nose where they used to be. Could this happen?

Thanks in advance!

Going to try and answer at least your first question.

1. Your derm is correct. You don't "need" a blood-test every month. At least not where you're from over there and in Canada (I'm not sure about what the U.S derms do). In canada it is recommended you get one blood test done recently after starting your accutane to see how you're reacting to it (I got my first blood test done 3 weeks after taking my first pill, 80mg per day), then another blood test 2 or so months later. When I went to the derm to get my first blood test results back he was like to me "Ok I will schedule your next appointment 2 months from now." I was like to him "Huh, don't I need to get a blood test every month?" he was just like "nope." He's a good, very professional derm as well, been at it for over 30 years, knows his stuff. Don't worry about it.

Hi I have two questions:

1. Blood tests - I have been reading through posts on here about most people having a monthly blood test to check for any problems. However I have been told by my derm that I will only need one at the start, middle (after 3 months) and I don't think she even mentioned at the end. This is through the NHS in the UK. I am starting to get worried that a problem may be picked up on when it is too late due to the length of time in between each blood test. Should I be worried?

2. Blackheads - I have loads of blackheads on my nose, which I know a lot of people suffer from. However I am worried that they are quite deep and if roaccutane does help to remove them then I will be left with big deep indents in my nose where they used to be. Could this happen?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jxr