Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, so I was wondering if somone who knows or has experience in using retin a could help out.

With retin a you usually get peeling right?

Peeling is basicly like you skin is dried out and it flakes off and u can see the white dryness flakes on our skin right?

If thats right, then peeling was what I was getting. When I first started retin-a it was the lowest percentage in gel form. I do not think I noticed any peeling at all. After month 7 I ran out of the tube so I got an increase in dosage as well. Doctor put me on 0.01% cream (from the lowest to the highest...i dont know why...from gel to cream..I dont know why).

Anyways, when I started using it I noticed peeling, my skin started to dry up and I actually began to use moisterizer. After a month (now) since about last few days, I dont think my skin is drying up or peeling much.

Now is this suppose to happen? Is the peeling suppose to stop or keep peeling untill your off retin a?

Should I still moisterize even though my skin isnt that dry?

im using retin-a micro .04 gel right now. i had peeling the first week or so but since then my face has been more oily if anything. im thinking of moving up to the .1 strength. but i dont think you have anything to worry about, your skin adjusts to the retin-a and the peeling usually stops after a month or so. do you have any redness? and also idk why your derm switched you to the cream version. ive read that the cream is comedogenic because it is meant for wrinkles not acne, which means it will break you out more. so you might want to talk to him about that