Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2AM

2AM's MINOCYCLINE l0g !

Hi boys and girls, gentlemen of all ages.

July 15: Started MINOCYCLINE(100mg)

Discription: Antibiotic used to treat wide variety of infections, including acne. Each pill contains 100mg. This does not work for viral infections( e.g., common cold, flu).

The pill is taken 1 hour before eating or 2-3 hours after eating. It should be taken on an empty stomach.

Common Brand Name(s): Dynacin, Minocin

DAY 1

Pop-ed the first pill today. It gave me a better feeling of myself, it felt very enjoyable knowing im doing something to preventable about my acne. This seems promising, my Dermatologist is super cool! she spends so much time and really connects with me. She tells me within 2 months, if my acne does not improve, i might go down the accutane road.

will update my progress.

Extra Information: Retin-A Crean 0.05%(tretinoin) was also given to me to use with my antibiotics.

Edited by 2AM

July 18: Pill #7 & 8

DAY 4

Three days after using antibiotics , things are swell :D There are o breakouts that i can see of, everything seems to be going great. The Retin A does a good job and doesn't dry out the skin so much. i apply it once every night to once every other night.

There is not too much in my diet. i eat meats and veggies every day. drink a glass of milk two times a week to increase height. basic washing day and night with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. takes two skin nutrient pills daily along with the antibiotic. the vitamins in the pills contain well-rounded, low-dose multiple vitamin/mineral supplement, with extra amounts of zinc, selenium and chromium. It is the brand "Naturally Clear".

Hoping to kiss these pimples goodbye after all 100 pills are used, if not, my dermatologist asked me to try 100 more until i am put on Accutane if they do not work.

Edited by 2AM

July 28: No Breakouts !

DAY 14

Two weeks or so after taking antibiotic pill "Minocycline", things have been rather calming. I haven't had a breakout or pimples in general the past week and a half. Many clogg pores seemed to have disappeared and the old acne is disappearing.

I Hope this is from the drug and not just one of those times haha. Diet is still the same, i eat basically everything there is. haven't consumed much dairy though. No soda's, only tea, Vegetable-8, and water.

Haven't used Retin A in a week. cetaphil gentle wash morning and night.

I am happy with the results so far. Hopefully i won't need to go on Accutane after this.

Hi boys and girls, gentlemen of all ages.

July 15: Started MINOCYCLINE(100mg)

Discription: Antibiotic used to treat wide variety of infections, including acne. Each pill contains 100mg. This does not work for viral infections( e.g., common cold, flu).

The pill is taken 1 hour before eating or 2-3 hours after eating. It should be taken on an empty stomach.

Common Brand Name(s): Dynacin, Minocin

DAY 1

Pop-ed the first pill today. It gave me a better feeling of myself, it felt very enjoyable knowing im doing something to preventable about my acne. This seems promising, my Dermatologist is super cool! she spends so much time and really connects with me. She tells me within 2 months, if my acne does not improve, i might go down the accutane road.

will update my progress.

Extra Information: Retin-A Crean 0.05%(tretinoin) was also given to me to use with my antibiotics.

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum. :dance: :boohoo:

Edited by kathleenp980