Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So for my whole life since i was 13-14 i had beautiful fair skin when i was in seventh grade i kinda used alot of makeup (not mine) and didnt wash it off. there i think may have been the route of my skin problems then lets fastforward to now. ive tried alot of things. some things worked for awhile and stopped working. i think i overabused my face and made my acne worse. it isnt bad but i have no self confidence. everytime i look in the mirror my pimples are all i see.

right now im on a basic regimin. im using cetaphil as a face wash and aveeno ultra calming moisturizer as my lotion. my skin right now is getting bad. idk if its the aveeno stuff or the cleanser that i might have had an allergy to before. i want to try purpose cleanser but i cant ask my mom to buy me anymore stuff. right now im 16 and i need help because i dont know where else to turn.

cetaphil and aveeno are great brands! ive used both. however, i have found that with the aveeno moisturizer the scent irritated my skin and it could be irritating urs too. i doubt its the cetaphil. Id suggest switching to a frangrance free moisturizer like even cetaphil's or cerave. (in my signature)

Purpose is a great face wash! ive been using it for a while. if ur skin is REALLY dry i wouldn't recommend it. but its great for normal and oily skin types. especially oily. it really cleans off grime and oil.

Right now im experimenting with other face washes/moisturizers but i still recommend Purpose and Cerave.

ur routine is very good. A gentle cleanser/moisturizer. Now all u need is a good topical to clear ur acne and the only way to get one is through a derm. That should be the first place to start. Talk to ur mom about scheduling an appt. The sooner the better.

cetaphil and aveeno are great brands! ive used both. however, i have found that with the aveeno moisturizer the scent irritated my skin and it could be irritating urs too. i doubt its the cetaphil. Id suggest switching to a frangrance free moisturizer like even cetaphil's or cerave. (in my signature)

Purpose is a great face wash! ive been using it for a while. if ur skin is REALLY dry i wouldn't recommend it. but its great for normal and oily skin types. especially oily. it really cleans off grime and oil.

Right now im experimenting with other face washes/moisturizers but i still recommend Purpose and Cerave.

ur routine is very good. A gentle cleanser/moisturizer. Now all u need is a good topical to clear ur acne and the only way to get one is through a derm. That should be the first place to start. Talk to ur mom about scheduling an appt. The sooner the better.

i tried talking to her about a derm last night and both parents agreed its not a good idea. i just started using aveeno likeee...last sunday. but my dad (whos a doctor) told me to stick with the most simple things. i just idk i NEED clear skin ha

i tried talking to her about a derm last night and both parents agreed its not a good idea. i just started using aveeno likeee...last sunday. but my dad (whos a doctor) told me to stick with the most simple things. i just idk i NEED clear skin ha

ya its good to keep with simple things. i agree with that. but those alone don't clear acne. they just prevent irritation. a gentle facewash + a gentle moisturizer is great. but u need that one thing that will kick the acne's butt. haha

sorry they won't take u to a derm. There are other options. Like Dan's BP. but ive never tried it.

ya its good to keep with simple things. i agree with that. but those alone don't clear acne. they just prevent irritation. a gentle facewash + a gentle moisturizer is great. but u need that one thing that will kick the acne's butt. haha

sorry they won't take u to a derm. There are other options. Like Dan's BP. but ive never tried it.

thanks i know it kinda sucks but idk i also use clinique as a spot treatment and some calmoseptine..its like calamine lotion. but i feel like im doing the right things. i eat healthy my skin just isnt clearing!!

You really don't need to see a derm to solve your acne. Acne is a digestive issue. If your skin is flaring up it means that your liver is too overworked trying to convert junk food/meat protein/milk/wheat into proper nutrients your body can handle. Once you start feeding it easily digeastible foods like veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds, you should see a dramatic change in your skin.

I know a lot of people don't like vegetables, or they only eat potatoes and corn and that's it, but there are lots of vegetables on the market that are great tasting. Sugar snap peas, baby carrots, sweet potato fries (Mccain makes these), romaine lettuce, etc etc are all very good tasting. Potatoes can make you break out so I wouldn't eat those-but sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, which is very good for the skin so try those instead.

I think the ideal thing to do is to have a salad for your meal, every meal. I'm not talking flimsy salads that only have lettuce in them, I'm talking salads that consist of romaine lettuce, cucumbers,celery,

carrots, pumpkin seeds, and nuts. Peanuts and almonds can break you out too, so you can watch those. You can have fruit too-although some fruit breaks people out, usually bananas and oranges, but it's individual. But most vegetables don't cause people problems. Maybe squash and tomatoes and potatoes but that's about it. Ok, possibly spinach too. But theres a weath of other vegetables you can stick to that are very good tasting,easily digestible, and won't break you out.

If you doubt this'll work, just think how many servings of fruits and vegetables the Food Pyramid recommends people have-it's about 8 or 9. Then think how many servings the averager person has. And look at what the "worlds healthiest foods" website has to say about the benefits of each fruit and vegetable and nut and seeds you're eating. Imagine what they could do to your body if you ate nothing BUT fruits and vegetables and nuts and seeds.

Try eating this way for a day and see what happens. If your parents or friends question it, just say you're becoming a vegetarian.

how long have u been using this regemin?

for about a year ive been using cetaphil, a month ago i switched to nutribiotic non-soap cleanser and that i think caused alot of new stuff because i had an allergy to it, then i was using witch hazel and that caused more problems for me so i just started back on cetaphil a week ago and aveeno since sunday before that i was using jojoba oil and cetaphil moiturizer

If youre on the regimen, then thats good. If you just started...give it time and trust me it'll work. I've been using it for 2 years now, I still have a pimple here and there (even though i'm 23) but all in all i have good skin now and i don't wear make up. As for moisturizers, I tried cephafil or whatever in the beginning and hated it. Now I've been using Jergen's with aloe and i love it or the new Vaselin lotion (blue bottle) it smells really good and soothes. Plus, I hate to say it but you're 16 and that might be the reason why you have acne. its all about hormones. and lastly, i'm glad people who changed their diets have had success but I think that all depends on the person. I've never changed what I eat and my acne still cleared up (granted, I eat pretty healthy already. alot of fruits and veggies). good luck. let me know if you have more questions.