Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, well i have moderate acne. mostly papules, sometimes pustules. it's been a month since i've got off doxycycline. cos last month i was out in the sun with a friend and i had no sunscreen on me, so i had a bad rash due to photosensitivity. i haven't applied topical gels ever since 2 months ago because they were drying up my skin and making my skin red :( and tbh, they don't seem to clear everything up for me.

so now that i'm off doxy for a month, pimples are starting to appear again - in my T zone. recently ive had a bumpy load of pimples around the corners of my nose and i just got one today underneath my nose which hurts :( i do a green clay mask once a week to exfoliate, but i'm contemplating whether or not i should try the aspirin mask. i'm going on holiday next week and i don't want to have red zits on my face, lol. i want the redness and the size of the pimples to subside. ive read reviews here on acne.org and it seems pretty interesting. im just scared i might be allergic to it because i have sensitive skin. if i do try it, should i try a small area on my face?

anyways, what are your suggestions?? i've been trying to find uncoated aspirin but i can't seem to find it (im in the UK btw) =/ thanks in advance!!

Edited by xstartofadisaster

Idk much about aspirin masks but have you considering an egg white face mask? They work well for me and they're cheap. Plus you can get eggs anywhere. They also have better reviews/ratings. But if you do try it don't leave it on more than 30 minutes. I left mine on the other day for a couple hours and my face is still extremely dry but otherwise they work great. Also i recommend baking soda masks but these can be a bit harsh especially since you said you have sensitive skin so I'd suggest the egg white mask over this.

Idk much about aspirin masks but have you considering an egg white face mask? They work well for me and they're cheap. Plus you can get eggs anywhere. They also have better reviews/ratings. But if you do try it don't leave it on more than 30 minutes. I left mine on the other day for a couple hours and my face is still extremely dry but otherwise they work great. Also i recommend baking soda masks but these can be a bit harsh especially since you said you have sensitive skin so I'd suggest the egg white mask over this.

ooh i just did one today for 20 mins and my face feels so rejuvenated! i think this works for my sensitive skin ;D is it too harsh to use it more than once a week?

The egg white face mask isn't really harsh. You can probably use it every couple of days. It might make your skin really dry though after a while so if it does then, yeah, back off a bit but if not your good. It never irritates my skin, just makes it flaky if i leave it on too long. Good luck!

okay i tried doing the aspirin mask 3 days ago and it was totally fantastic! reduced the size of pimples, redness, etc. then the next night, i did it again... and by today, its been pretty drying. i think i overused the aspirin mask and i have this burning dry sensation but its not flakey at all! how long does it take to recover back to normal? won't be using this twice a week seeing that its making it very dry for me! im currently using aloe vera gel to soothe the burning dry feeling!

does it also mean i have to wear sunscreen when out in the sun??

Yes these masks are amazing!! You can use this as many times a week as you want since the egg whites are natural, but it may dry out skin. Also something even more amazing than just the egg whites are to mousturize your face with the yolk afterwards. Then after that, peel the inside of the egg and put onto your affected area. Please, please, please try this!

By the way, I'm speaking of the egg white mask.

Edited by Kaylyn