Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

if your acne relapses & you need a second course of accutane...

and you decide to go to a new derm, will the new derm require records to be transferred from the first derm?

Edited by karam

and you decide to go to a new derm, will the new derm require records to be transferred from the first derm?

actually, I'm finishing up my 1st course

today I got a new pimple on my forehead...I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up needing a 2nd course

Not sure, but I am exactly one month after my first course and guess what I woke up with! A fresh new pimple on my chin. FML my derm said the tane stays in your system for a month after your done. Now I'm screwed. I used up all my health coverage already!!!

Karam, so that one pimple I had went away within 2 days and can't even tell that I had one. So I'm hanging in there, but I can like feel pimples under my skin, but for some reasons they just go away.

so no one out there is on there second course?

sounds good

I figure if it's like that for at least a year then it's not too bad

then if it returns a 2nd course should get rid of it for good

I will strongly suggest you not to take a second course even if you experience relapses of acne. There is only so much your body can take. Just a suggestion.

so no one out there is on there second course?

sounds good

I figure if it's like that for at least a year then it's not too bad

then if it returns a 2nd course should get rid of it for good

if I were to relapse I would without hesitation take a 2nd course my first course has been uneventful as far as side effects

Ughhhhh don't do a second course of it! I did 3 courses and am paying in spades right now. I don't know if I was destined for these long term side effects after the first, second or third course, but I really wish I didn't do more than 1 course. I have a lot of friends that took it just once 5 or 6 years ago and are fine. It has totally wrecked me though, as I get joint pain all over my body, am experiencing thinning of the hair and eyebrows, and my muscles get sore much easier than they used to. I'm not just bashing accutane for the fun of it either, go back and read my posts from years back when I used to defend it to the death and thought it was safe. Worst decision of my life.

Ughhhhh don't do a second course of it! I did 3 courses and am paying in spades right now. I don't know if I was destined for these long term side effects after the first, second or third course, but I really wish I didn't do more than 1 course. I have a lot of friends that took it just once 5 or 6 years ago and are fine. It has totally wrecked me though, as I get joint pain all over my body, am experiencing thinning of the hair and eyebrows, and my muscles get sore much easier than they used to. I'm not just bashing accutane for the fun of it either, go back and read my posts from years back when I used to defend it to the death and thought it was safe. Worst decision of my life.

you took it 3 times & you're still on the site? did the acne still come back after the 3rd course??

Edited by karam

Hey, so I am just past 1 month and like 2 weeks. (post accutane of course) And I have one noticeable pimple on the side of my chin that I figure will only last about 2 days. I can feel a decent amount of pimples under my skin and see the redness from them trying to come up, but so far they never do. Thankfully.

So yea, hopefully we both don't need another course.

I am starting my second course and I had to transfer my info to my new derm. It wasn't hard though they just fax it over. Also, make sure u keep your ipledge id card because you have to use the same one for each course.

Hey, so I am just past 1 month and like 2 weeks. (post accutane of course) And I have one noticeable pimple on the side of my chin that I figure will only last about 2 days. I can feel a decent amount of pimples under my skin and see the redness from them trying to come up, but so far they never do. Thankfully.

So yea, hopefully we both don't need another course.

yes, hopefully neither of us will need a second course

but it sucks that there seems to be this on & off threat of the acne coming back

Edited by karam

I am starting my second course and I had to transfer my info to my new derm. It wasn't hard though they just fax it over. Also, make sure u keep your ipledge id card because you have to use the same one for each course.

so how long was it between finishing your first course & then starting your second?

its been like 2 years, but my acne came back after around 9 months.

why didn't you take a 2nd course sooner?

I wanted to try the holistic thing. But I definitely should have taken accutane sooner because the whole holistic thing basically made it worse. I do eat much healthier now though.

I wanted to try the holistic thing. But I definitely should have taken accutane sooner because the whole holistic thing basically made it worse. I do eat much healthier now though.

that's funny because I was thinking about oil of oregano & probiotics

I did not need my old medical records.

I went through my first cycle of accutane back in 2004.

Yesterday I visited a different derm (having since moved across the country) and got prescribed a second cycle.

I just rattled off all the prescription stuff I had been on, finally culminating with a cycle of accutane in 2004. I had called into my old derm's office and tried to get my old medical records faxed over, but they were so old they needed to be physically retrieved from storage and were not ready in time for my appointment. I thought about rescheduling my appointment so I could have my old medical records, but it ended up not mattering.

Hope that helps.