Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewzBoi

Andrew's Acne Regimen log (I'm Chinese!) :D

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Brief Introduction:

Hi my name is Andrew and I am 15 years of age. I am also of Chinese ethnicity so my progress may not be the same as people of other ethnicities/ages/genders etc. I suffer from moderate acne (no cysts or large red blots), mainly blackheads and a couple whiteheads (pink/red) on my forehead. I also have some scarring (no indentation), just brown marks/pigmentation.

I started this regimen today. Am doing it twice a day (Face Wash+BP+Moisturizer)

The products that I am using now are:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Daily Wash

Oxy 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Garnier Pure Active 24Hr Spot-Fighting Moisturizer

Results:

Used it this morning and this evening. Skin does not feel irritated, although it does feel dry ( result of BP). Some flaking has occurred. Skin feels quite thick.

Can anyone offer different + better products for the facial wash and the moisturizer?

Does anyone recommend Cetaphil?

Thursday 15 July 2010

Read the reviews and forums on the site. Many people recommend using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Wash and Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. Bought them today and have used them this afternoon.

Regimen (still 2x a day):

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Wash and Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Daily Wash

Oxy 5% BP

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Results:

My acne has improved significantly since Tuesday. Pimples have decreased in size, skin is less red. Hope it gets even better tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the combination of face washes?

Only use one cleanser. ;) Refresh yourself on the Biggest Mistakes; yours falls under adding in extra steps. I'd pick the Cetaphil. 'Invigorating' sounds like it may have menthol/peppermint and those can be irritating to acne prone skin.