Notifications
Clear all

How many of you outgrew acne?

MemberMember
(@david-2)

Posted : 07/15/2010 3:49 am

really hope i outgrow acne this pain is too much :(

if you outgrew acne what age were you?

did you still feel depressed or feel same way after clearing?

both my sisters outgrew it so will i get a good chance of outgrowing acne too?

MemberMember
(@nadal)

Posted : 07/15/2010 5:31 am

the term "outgrow" is foreign to me. I'm 25 and my acne is at its peak. I hope I'm clear by 30 (LOL).

Cat25 liked
MemberMember
(@sxdwfgtrhyuj)

Posted : 07/15/2010 7:53 am

My acne *seems* to have stopped after quitting antibiotics about 1.5 months ago. Bear in mind though, that I still use BP everyday but I have no acne at the moment. I'm 19.

MemberMember
(@david-2)

Posted : 07/15/2010 7:58 am

My acne *seems* to have stopped after quitting antibiotics about 1.5 months ago. Bear in mind though, that I still use BP everyday but I have no acne at the moment. I'm 19.

oh ok

Hmmm no way i can outgrow acne at my age (18 in 4 months)

doubt it

can BP be used at night time instead of day?

MemberMember
(@x3kell3x)

Posted : 07/15/2010 9:00 am

ive always wondered about this too. im 18 in a month and im no where near growing out of it. but then again my sister still broke out occasionally at 22.

i really don't think u can put an age limit on it.

but the i wonder... well maybe if u break out starting at 14 then u grow out of it at 20

then if u start breaking out at like 17 u don't grow out of it till like 23.

or if u never had acne in ur teens or 20s u get it as an adult..

idk..

MemberMember
(@uforescue)

Posted : 07/15/2010 12:17 pm

I highly doubt I will ever outgrow my acne. My dad had acne until he was like 60-years-old and my big brother doesn't seem to grow out of his acne either... but this doesn't mean you can't control your acne so don't lose your hope. I'm pretty clear now thanks to Roaccutan and I don't mind going on a second course if I have to. Yes OP, I think there is a strong chance you will outgrow your acne if both of your sisters have.

MemberMember
(@kyle-1)

Posted : 07/15/2010 12:25 pm

I haven't "outgrown" my acne. My mom, dad, and sister all had it worse than me, and claimed they were clear after 19. For some reason, they say it just went away. Hoping the same happens for me.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/15/2010 12:32 pm

I don't know if anyone ever outgrows acne. I def. think it calms down as you grow older because your hormones subside. My mom is in her 50s and still gets little little little zits here and there, especially when its humid. But you know what's awesome about oily skin? 1. It makes people look glowy. 2. IT prevents you from aging fast. My mom yes has a few acne scars but her skin looookkkkkkssss amazing. Very young looking skin still ;) It's all about perspective people. Keep smiling. We're in this together!

I don't know if anyone ever outgrows acne. I def. think it calms down as you grow older because your hormones subside. My mom is in her 50s and still gets little little little zits here and there, especially when its humid. But you know what's awesome about oily skin? 1. It makes people look glowy. 2. IT prevents you from aging fast. My mom yes has a few acne scars but her skin looookkkkkkssss amazing. Very young looking skin still ;) It's all about perspective people. Keep smiling. We're in this together!

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 07/15/2010 4:42 pm

My mom always tells me I'll outgrow acne...my brother had it worse than me and he started clearing up in his early 20s.

MemberMember
(@cheycheyenne)

Posted : 07/15/2010 4:46 pm

None of us would even be hear if we had this acne that you speak of

MemberMember
(@david-2)

Posted : 07/16/2010 6:19 am

None of us would even be hear if we had this acne that you speak of

im sure people on here have sisters or brothers or someone who outgrew it :)

MemberMember
(@fernandox)

Posted : 12/25/2010 1:15 am

MemberMember
(@david-2)

Posted : 12/26/2010 1:50 am

hmmmm im 18 now im praying it stops :(

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 12/26/2010 2:14 am

Just think though, by the time we're all older there will be more and more effective treatments...maybe even a cure!

MemberMember
(@masg)

Posted : 12/26/2010 5:49 pm

outgrew, straight into receeding hairline - life is great!

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 12/26/2010 8:10 pm

I was pretty clear senior year of highschool. But my freshman year of college it came back hormonally on my chin line and cheeks. I've learned to look pass my flawed skin for it can be much worse

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/26/2010 9:56 pm

hey ppl! at which age normally it is supposed to be outgrown btw?

MemberMember
(@yoyobarn)

Posted : 12/29/2010 5:23 am

Hi,

I am 23 now.

I must thank God that I am starting to outgrow acne.

My face is also more than 80% less oily than before.

MemberMember
(@fnix)

Posted : 12/29/2010 9:48 am

for most of us we got older and our acne appeared, I didnt get acne until i was 21. I guess its beter to have adult acne when you dont have to goto school and people dont tease you plus you can afford to get it treated

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/31/2010 8:02 am

ive had acne for 6 fucking years. SIX YEARS. and it has left me scarred for life.

Everyday is a battle, a struggle. I can barely even get up to face the world.

Growing out of acne? I pray to god every day that i grow out of it. I dont know what else i can do. My parents grew out of it (although mom gets occasional pimples, but still better than what i got). My fucking brother grew out of it (year older than me). Yet i still have not (im 20 btw).

SIX FUCKING YEARS.

MemberMember
(@eaglesgirl)

Posted : 12/31/2010 9:29 am

hey ppl! at which age normally it is supposed to be outgrown btw?

I've heard it's 25 :b. But it really depends on the persons skin.

I haven't outgrown my acne, but my parents outgrew it in their twenties. They both had a mild case of acne, though, while I have a moderate case of it :/

MemberMember
(@empty-inside)

Posted : 01/02/2011 7:22 pm

my acne has gotten worse every year that ive had it, so i dont expect to grow out of mine. especially since my 50 yr old mom still has it pretty bad and my 80 year old grandma still has it..........(dead serious). i would rather my mom of had an abortion than take the risk that i would inherit acne

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 01/03/2011 10:42 am

Empty - my genetics run along the same lines. Both parents - well into their 50's - still have active acne. I'll be 30 this year and I still have it. My acne HAS mellowed out considerably over the years, though. Every five years or so it takes a leap towards clearing, or else it shifts tempo. (Like right now, where the main problem is skin tone and washed out, old looking skin.)

MemberMember
(@substate)

Posted : 01/05/2011 5:38 am

I've pretty much outgrown my facial acne. T-zone is still oily though but the rest is pretty much gone.

I'm 23 and still have some pimples on my back but nothing bad..

MemberMember
(@dudemag-fitzgerald)

Posted : 01/09/2011 6:39 am

25 here. horrible acne since early teens. been on accutane 3(or was it 4?) times. still have acne and substantial scarring...