Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
24/7swimmer

Over Moisturizing? Help Please!

With very much gratitude, I can say that Proactiv has truly changed my whole complexion. I am still experiencing minor breakouts, but that has to do with changing my regime slightly to find the ideal solution. Lately, I've been experiencing these VERY small bumps on my cheeks and forehead.. literally the size of a pin. Not a whole lot of reddness, but they're all just there.. but with no head.. just sort of a SMALL 'lump' of skin. With that being said, I'd like to address the moisturizing issue.

I am a competitive swimmer on my club's National Team. This means practice, practice, practice... usually twice a day. The humidity of the pool just kills my skin, so I started using Cerave.. $12 for 8 oz, not a bad deal. The lotion itself has not made me break out, problem is, I think I'm overusing it. I will post my regime below; would you mind commenting and letting me know what you think? What you do/ would do? Thanks guys! (:

WAKE UP

Proactiv Renewing Cleanser

Proactiv Toner

Proactiv Repairing Lotion

Cerave

-AM PRACTICE-

Cerave

-PM PRACTICE-

Cerave

GO HOME, THEN BEFORE BED...

Proactiv Renewing Cleanser

Proactiv Toner

Proactiv Repairing Lotion

Cerave

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know ALL opinions are welcome!

Maybe through discussion we can come to a solution?

...I'm beginning to think it's the moisturizer giving me these bumps (even though it says nonacnegenic..) I'm cutting back to half the apps for now, and will consider buying a new moisturizer once this one runs out.

cerave is about the worst product i have used for acne.. stay away from that stuff.

ive heard bad things about proactiv too! youve been warned

Edited by lareznar

Guest Timehealsall

if you want a good moisturizer, i suggest buying the olay sensitive skin one with zinc oxide. It is seriously the best stuff out there. Also, i have used proactiv in the past, and i suggest you only use the benzoyl peroxide (step 3) and take out the rest of the stuff