Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

It's been almost a year since I posted here before and I have found out so many methods to take care of my acne. It has calmed down a lot, I rarely break out, and if I do of course it is a large cyst that leaves a red mark.

In the past year I have had monthly candella v-beam treatments which has significantly reduced hyperpigmentation. I also just had my first microdermabrasion today and a month ago had a salicylic acid peel. As for cleaning, I use the Glytone system, which is a mild glycolic face wash, toner and cream.

I still have scars though, somewhat deep - there are about 5 or 6 of them on each of my cheeks.

I have a few options - I want to try the TCA cross method I found about from this website. I just want to know what concentration of TCA I should begin with. And is it good to ONLY put it in the indented scars? Or I just found out that a dermatologist within 15 miles of me does the Fraxel laser re:pair. How much is this treatment, and will it get rid of my scars? They are mostly icepick/rolling scars. I want to continue to do the v-beam treatments for the redness if I have to. But I am torn between trying the Fraxel next or the TCA cross method myself at home.

Please share and let me know what you think! I'm getting very anxious again about my scars - I had a kid call me a very mean name recently and it motivated me to fix this now! Thank you

Edited by emeritaaa