Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NyamNyam

Delete my account

you must have some SQL server or something that can do with alleviating some space?

:sick:

i dont see why they cant delete your account using phpmyadmin :)

admin panel should even have delete user feature....

why are you wanting it deleted anyway?

We're sorry but we are no longer able to delete accounts upon request. We have thousands of members and are continually growing, so this is no longer something the Admins. are able to do.If you feel you no longer want to be a part of our community, we ask that you just stop using your account. If you want some of your posts removed, feel free to search through your posts and replies and edit them as you see fit, remove photos, etc. You may also change your username in your controls to something non-identifying with you, if you'd like, before you go.

I would also like to encourage everyone to be mindful of the information you put online. It's not always a good idea to post personal information on public internet forums.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Hundreds of comments id like deleted that id rather not have to go through deleting.

I have lots of track marks i'd rather forget

Hundreds of comments id like deleted that id rather not have to go through deleting.

I have lots of track marks i'd rather forget

Keep in mind that the moderating and admin teams are very busy trying to keep these boards and this site running smoothly. Unfortunately, we just don't have the time to go through and delete posts for members. If you'd like your posts removed, you'll have to edit them yourself.

Posts are fine, im more concerned about the comments on my profile. 157 pages of them id like deleted. I guess i'll have to check 1570 ticks

So, even my posts that are back 08 and 09 can be edited. If so, how do I go about editing them?

Click your member name in the post you made here (or anywhere else) and select "Find Member's Posts". There you have an overview of all your posts. Click on the number beneath the post you want to edit (next to "Post Preview"), that will take you to the actual post. Then select "Edit" -> Full edit or "Edit" -> Quick edit beneath that post.

Posts are fine, im more concerned about the comments on my profile. 157 pages of them id like deleted. I guess i'll have to check 1570 ticks

Is it bad that I want to go and read your comments now... :unsure:

Thanks for help, but would like to know since we are editing posts and can't delete them, how can i delete the tagged quote of my post by another member. sometimes people quote what we write, so if I am editing, it would defeat the purpose of me editing it. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

If someone has quoted you, you can send them a PM and request that they remove your quote from their post.

From the board rules:

No offensive content: While you may quote other members, you must remove those quotes if/when you are asked to. People who want their quotes taken down should make the request themselves. Moderators should only be brought into it as a last resort.

I'm sure if you ask nicely, we mods won't mind editing a few of your quotes out of other people's posts if those members are no longer active on the boards. Please keep in mind that we have a lot of responsibilities, though, so we aren't really able to edit a bunch of posts on request.

If people haven't actually quoted your posts in theirs, but have responded to your posts, they don't have to edit their posts. All you can really do is ask people to remove the quote of your post from their post.

If there are any posts of yours that you don't want on the boards any more, you'll need to edit the text out yourself.

i'm confused here, exactly what is the big deal with old posts/quotes and all that? it's not like anyone is out there going through them and reading them, they will probably never get read again unless you bring attention to them.

this is an interesting thread of confusion.

Why is there not a delete button again?

The decision was made to restrict the ability to delete posts in order to maintain the integrity of the flow of conversation within the topic. In the event that a member wishes to have a post deleted, s/he may contact a moderator and make that request. Requests will be considered on an individual basis.

Just one post that came up on a search for 'delete +post'

What's with all the paranoia about your posts and people quoting them? I'm sure the site has already been indexed by google and cached... So your posts are always going to be out on the internet floating around for others to see. Just stop posting and leave the site if you really don't want to be here.

You can't delete your account on your own as that would create havoc and then many posters changing their minds and asking for their accounts to be reinstated.

Just stop posting. You may edit your posts and any pictures you have posted. Stop posting....