Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everybody.

I'm new here & there might be threads about this already, but I'm having trouble finding answers to my specific questions.

I'm trying to stick to a once-a-day BP regimen for at least a few weeks to see if it will make a difference for me. I've tried it in the past, but never adhered to it for more than a few days.

The product I'm using right now is Clearsil StayClear, a 10% BP vanishing cream.

I've used similar products before & had similar problems.

The problem I'm having is that this stuff doesn't absorb in. I know I'm supposed to rub lightly & all over until it disappears, but the stuff just gets "thick" and sticky and it starts to hurt as I rub it around. When I'm done, I look like a clown with white streaks all over my face & if I try to rub them out, I end up irritating my skin because I'm just dragging it around due to the "stickiness".

To combat this, I've been waiting 10-20 minutes, then using a damp cloth to rub off the excess. I've read, however, that I should be leaving it on, not washing it off. Any tips?

The other problem is that no matter how careful I am, I always get some of the product in my mustache. This is IMPOSSIBLE to rub out with my fingers. It turns white and clumpy and I have to scrub really hard with a damp cloth to get it out. Really terrible. Any tips?

I'm probably not the only person who has had these issues, so if anyone has any solutions or suggestions, PLEASE chime in!

Thanks,

Adam

If I were you I would buy a gel based BP as it spreads more easily and absorbs clear!

If I were you I would buy a gel based BP as it spreads more easily and absorbs clear!

Unfortunately I bought 3 tubes of the cream.

I'm having a little success just applying my face lotion/sunblock over the white remains of the cream & rubbing it in gently.

I still am having problems with it "pilling" as I rub, rolling together into little white clumps.

I'll definitely try the gel when I'm out of this stuff. Thanks for the advice!