Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fluffy4

What is the longest you have stayed in your house bc of acne?

Acne has really effected me. I haven't left my house since before last June. I have ZERO friends now and ZERO self confidence. It has stopped my life and made me hate everything about myself =/

Anyone else become home-bound bc of this?

My friends all got girlfriends and they don't call anymore :P i'm alone.

I'm sorry, that sucks :(

Are you nervous to go out or anything or they just ditched you for their girlfriends?

not much reason to leave when theres nowhere to go..

most of my old friends moved on with their lives.. got girlfriends, married, kids..

me.. im still just a lonely pathetic guy who cant seem to sleep less than 15 hours a day.. soft spoken and shy with constant anxiety and a life worth giving up..

Uhh, you don't need friends to go out. I have only a couple of people I'd consider friends who live near me and I rarely see them (aside from my boyfriend), yet I'm out and about a lot on my own. Get a job. Volunteer. Jog. Go to a movie. Your acne will probably improve if you stop wallowing in self pity and shutting yourself away from life.

On another note, acne cannot MAKE you do anything at all. Only YOU can make yourself do things or not do them.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

Uhh, you don't need friends to go out. I have only a couple of people I'd consider friends who live near me and I rarely see them (aside from my boyfriend), yet I'm out and about a lot on my own. Get a job. Volunteer. Jog. Go to a movie. Your acne will probably improve if you stop wallowing in self pity and shutting yourself away from life.

On another note, acne cannot MAKE you do anything at all. Only YOU can make yourself do things or not do them.

Well i have to leave everyday except weekends because of work. Also i have to go out to get food and supplies as well, so i can not stay in forever, but those are pretty much the only reasons i leave. Sometimes my skin is decent enough to where i will go out, last weekend i went to the bar with some friends to watch the UFC fights. I am having a very shitty week with my skin now thou, so will def be staying in this weekend more than likely. Most of my friends have gf's or are married too, and if i had clear skin i prolly would be too. I lost my ex because i wouldnt go see her because of my skin and we just finally stopped talking all together. I am in the military so i am 20hrs from home and thats where she lived, but i would go see her like 2 or 3 times a year when i could. Once i started getting this disease i stopped all that and there went that relationship. So here i am too, all alone living in an apt by myself. I do go to the gym too to get my mind off it and to get my body at least looking good. Other than that thou, i totally feel you. It fn sux living this away, especially alone with noone to lean on.

When I had really bad acne, I shut myself in my room for weeks at a time. I didn't even want my family to see me without makeup on. But I wish I hadn't had done that; shutting yourself in makes matters worse. When I had acne, it wouldn't have been such a depressing factor if I hadn't have shut myself away from the world. Sometimes just going out to a store will make all the difference. We're all our own worst critics anyway.

When I go out shopping now, I constantly see people with acne. No one is staring at them or laughing at them or throwing up because of them. Most people realize it's just another part of life, some people (like me) can even understand what they're going through. When you go out to a store for example, people aren't there to stare at your face and make rude comments; they're there to shop..just like you are. But I'm telling you that being cooped up will not help you whatsoever. It's good to take your mind off of your acne, even for just an hour or so. When you're cooped up in the house, thinking about your acne is all there is to do after awhile. Believe me, I know because I've been there.

This one time some of my family came round that I hadn't seen for years, I was in my room and my dad was with them banging on my door trying to get me to come out.. pretended i was ill/asleep.

Over Two, Less than 10... It's amazing what influence a bunch of red spots can have. I know wouldn't have a problem with: An allergic reaction-hives, chicken pox, mesquito bites (any other type of bug bite) etc.. but acne is in a league all it's own.

I really do think the culture and amount of acceptance/type of reception your giving contributes to it. I mean, You don't go running for the hills from your immediate family right? We just live in sucha impersonable, Sucess-driven, and technologically driven culture. It would be different if you had to depend on eachother for survival, Like if we were to live in an indian tribe or back in the colonial times; You wouldn't have time to care about such things.

Acne has really effected me. I haven't left my house since before last June. I have ZERO friends now and ZERO self confidence. It has stopped my life and made me hate everything about myself =/

Anyone else become home-bound bc of this?

yeah

cant remember the longest but its probably over 3-4 months. now i go out everyday wednesday for college :(