Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenVsAcne

Deliberating on whether or not to use emu oil- advice!

I've been on accutane for 5 months, and have 1 month left. It has cleared me up well, but I have a lot of red marks. They have been there for a fair while (i didn't have too many spots prior to accutane, minor cysts on my jaw line and a few small bumps). The thing is I have ALOT of red marks. More than i've seen on this board. They cover my entired right and left cheek. As far as I can tell, I have little to no actualy scarring though.

Pretty much my aim is to get rid of these red marks as much as possible (considering i'll be on accutane for a month more) before I go back to uni in 2 months. What would you suggest? I'm really not entirely convinced by what people have put about emu oil yet, and am worried that it might make me break out. It's weighing up whether it's worth trying it, or just leaving it and expecting to go back to Uni with a fair few red marks (although I know they'll start fading in the month I'm off of accutane).

Any advice? Anyone been through a similar thing? My diet is good (lots of water!) and I get regular excercise :)

Thanks!

The thing is I have ALOT of red marks. More than i've seen on this board. They cover my entired right and left cheek. As far as I can tell, I have little to no actualy scarring though.

Same here, red marks but no scars :l If you know they'll fade the month you come off Accutane, you could just let them go the natural way? .....Well everyone has different reactions to products, so there's every chance Emu oil could work really well for you, but then there's the chance it could break you out. If your not convinced by it, take a look at some other options, I've heard Aloe Vera gel works pretty well :think: If I were you I think I'd just let them fade. The frequent water drinking and regular exercise is a big help for me aswell :cool:

The thing is I have ALOT of red marks. More than i've seen on this board. They cover my entired right and left cheek. As far as I can tell, I have little to no actualy scarring though.

Same here, red marks but no scars :l If you know they'll fade the month you come off Accutane, you could just let them go the natural way? .....Well everyone has different reactions to products, so there's every chance Emu oil could work really well for you, but then there's the chance it could break you out. If your not convinced by it, take a look at some other options, I've heard Aloe Vera gel works pretty well :think: If I were you I think I'd just let them fade. The frequent water drinking and regular exercise is a big help for me aswell :cool:

thanks for the reply :D

they definately wont go entirely within a month, i'm certain of that! accutane has made my skin a bit redder and thus my red marks look worse :( (also i've read that it decreased your white blood cell count? so the speed at which scars heal is also decreased)

I'll look in to aloe vera gel too :)

Anyone else have any other ideas!

I actually did a bit of research and decided to order some 99.9 % aloe vera gel. I'm genuinely excited! Thanks for your help :)

Lol, I always get excited whenever I buy a new product! :lol: Try to keep us updated if you can aswell :D