Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctkim

raised bump where cyst used to be

I've been battling with a cyst on my nose for the past few weeks. My derm put me on 100 mg of Doxycycline and has given me several cortisone shots. Every time I get a shot, the cyst has gone away and then come back. The inflamed cyst went down after a cortisone shot but there is now a small barely visible bump where the cyst used to be. At first I thought it was the cyst coming back but it just froze. It's not really red or anything, but I feel the bump when I run my finger over it.

Any ideas on what I should do and what it may be?

Might not be what you want to hear, but I have two of these on my nose. They've been there for 2-3 years. Yes, horrible. It's a deep-rooted scar from the cyst. Some people's scars sink under, while some are raised...these raised ones have probably shot my self-esteem down worst then the ice pick scars...because its like a permanent thing.

yea, I went to the derm to try to get rid of it but she said the scar is too deep (too deep rooted), there is nothing to do...sucks a lot..

Edited by luminary