Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MartinTheMartian

Had this scar on my nose for almost a year and new scars on chin. How to treat them? [PICS]

Just like the title mentions, I'm 16 and I've had this scar on my nose for almost a year now.

It started as a pretty big zit and I guess it left an as big scar. It's pretty noticeable and its deep.

How can I treat it?

As for the scars on my chin, they aren't AS noticeable of course (cuz they aren't on my nose) but they are still annoying and honestly, I have no clue where these came from.

Maybe you fellow blades could help me out in my struggle and tell me what kind of scarring it is and what I'm looking at to treat it?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Martin

EDIT: Think of the nose scar as a little dark red PIT with lighter red edges.

post-77258-1279085523_thumb.jpg

post-77258-1279085817_thumb.jpg

post-77258-1279085827_thumb.jpg

post-77258-1279085523_thumb.jpg

post-77258-1279085817_thumb.jpg

post-77258-1279085827_thumb.jpg

Edited by MartinTheMartian

is the nose scar a bump or indented? it is kinda hard to tell.

definitely indented. i think theres a very tiny pimple next to it so it might look inflamed/red a bit but it usually isnt like that.

Also its summer time so its more red from the sun.

A lot of people have nose scars even celebrities.

I had a small one which got taken care of by fascia filler.

Your picture isn't clear enough to see what kind of scar it is. But it seems like an ice pick. Try 2-3 subcisions. Should definitely help to some degree.

I'm going to go see the derm sometime next month but I was just trying to see whatcha guys think.

I know acne scars are common, but not as much as the nose. People complain about scars on their cheek or forehead and I am sympathetic but I also have those too. Honestly, I don't mind about those as much as they are not CONSTANTLY inflamed and red like the one on my nose. What sucks the most is that it's right in the middle of my face. I can't even look people directly in the eyes because of it. Also, I heard acne scars were most difficult to treat on the nose which doesn't make me feel better at all. Sometimes I wonder, why me, why my nose. Anywhere else would've been fine.

Thanks everybody for the good vibes, hopefully there's a solution out there.

hopefully you hear good news from the derm, and if not there are many others to see.

good luck.

Just like the title mentions, I'm 16 and I've had this scar on my nose for almost a year now.

It started as a pretty big zit and I guess it left an as big scar. It's pretty noticeable and its deep.

How can I treat it?

As for the scars on my chin, they aren't AS noticeable of course (cuz they aren't on my nose) but they are still annoying and honestly, I have no clue where these came from.

Maybe you fellow blades could help me out in my struggle and tell me what kind of scarring it is and what I'm looking at to treat it?

Thanks ahead of time :)

Martin

EDIT: Think of the nose scar as a little dark red PIT with lighter red edges.

Dude you got great skin coloring, dont do anything to those scars that involves all over face treatment that could affect your coloring, you got that going for you and your scars honestly are hardly noticeable to me atleast I know they may bother you but if they look the same in person as they do in the pics i wouldnt even notice them when meeting you.

Dude you got great skin coloring, dont do anything to those scars that involves all over face treatment that could affect your coloring, you got that going for you and your scars honestly are hardly noticeable to me atleast I know they may bother you but if they look the same in person as they do in the pics i wouldnt even notice them when meeting you.

Thank you :)

But wouldn't the derm or whoever does treatment know the rate of success? I mean, if there was a chance of making the scar worse or more noticeable than I wouldn't go for it, no way. On the other hand, if it would help, why not?

Thanks again!

Does anyone else have something similiar or even an isolated nose scar and has tried treatment?

16.. : ) i remember having clear skin during that age. life was great. You have good skin, enjoy! dont worry about that little mark on your nose even if its indented. Leave it alone, take your vitamins and have a good sleeping schedule, it may plump back up within months.

i agree with you Mr. Pineapple.

I remember when i was 16... skin was great too! good ol' days. never knew adult acne would pop out of no where and destroyed me at the age of 22/23.

i always thought if you dont have bad acne as a teen, you're pretty safe for the future and upcoming years, but NOPE. Acne can hit anyone at any age.