Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a doctor that I can go to for taking Vitamin B5 in the toronto area?

I'm just wondering if anybody was recommended by a doctor to take Vitamin B5 and check back with him regularly to see nothing is wrong in your body from overdose of B5.

Doctors don't care what vitamins you take unless you see a holistic doctor. A dermatologist will just give you prescriptions. No one is going to help you figure out what's right for your body. You should start taking it and see if you see any changes in your face.

Oh I didn't see you meant problems with your body...I doubt any doctor would run blood tests for you for a vitamin though. My doctor never gave me any regular blood tests when I was on horribly strong antibiotics.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

I don't see why you need a doctor? You can 'overdose' on B5 and be pretty safe, only a few people have reported serious side effects. I do believe that B5 is water soluble meaning it won't get stored in your body therefore you'd have to be taking alot to get any bad side effects.

You cant overdose on B5. The more you take the more you lose through urine anyway since it is water soluble.

How much should I start with to see the results and see if it help with my extremely oily face.

When do I expect to see the results?

Should I order those online B5 special for acne and oily skin or are the essentially the same with those in the drug store?

I read about B5 and one thing I noticed is that I get more oily after I eat. No matter what other people tell me about how eating doesn't affect acne, but I know that I do get more oily after eating.

Apparently, if I lack in Coenzyme A, the fat and other nutrients are excreted as sebum on the face.

B5 produces these enzymes.

Edited by wowacne

you can overdose on anything, even water.

understand what you are actually doing before taking large amounts of anything, if you really dont understand it, no one else may either so its about about as promising advice as going to the witch doctor.

i tried it with no real results.

lowering sugar fat and dairy was about the best things i have done, among many others.

auto is true, overdosing it will get your hair falling out if im correct, and probably a lot more. I owuldnt go with the 10g thing thats cant be really good.

Doctors only do this: you come with complaint: they say its nothing or give you a pill or send you to the hospital for further checking. The only time diet will be discussed a bit is when you have a strong alergic reaction or just got diabetes.

you would have to go to a naturopath/holistic doctor or something like that.

Edited by joris

Are there any doctors in Toronto area who take care of oily skin specifically?

I'm really depressed...

If you don't know, don't post anything.

i wouldnt try it. most people dont get the results that they want with b5 overdose. go to a doctor and see what they recommend or seek advice on the boards by searching in older forums and posts.

Not sure if you still need help with this but...b5 cured me. The problem is that most people don't understand why it works, and how to take it. Post if you are still seeking and answer...