Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellstorm

I sooo want to go on ACCUTANE!

My acne isn't that severe, i would say it's mild-moderate, with persistent whiteheads and pustules. And my skin gets oily as hell ewww :( Do you think it's possible for me to go on a low dose accutane just so it can control the oilyness and combat my acne completely? The topicals are okay, but they don't seem to be doing enough.

I know accutane has serious side effects which can be fatal, but I'm willing to TRY IT OUT. I've read so many successful stories about it on here

You should talk to your derm about the doses, and he/she could see how bad your acne is. People say low doses work, but a higher chance of your pimples coming back after you complete the course

My acne isn't that severe, i would say it's mild-moderate, with persistent whiteheads and pustules. And my skin gets oily as hell ewww :( Do you think it's possible for me to go on a low dose accutane just so it can control the oilyness and combat my acne completely? The topicals are okay, but they don't seem to be doing enough.

I know accutane has serious side effects which can be fatal, but I'm willing to TRY IT OUT. I've read so many successful stories about it on here

You and me both! I have the same severity type as well. I have asked twice and got turned down both times only to try other antibiotics, one of which (bactrim DS) i refuse to take because i know antibiotics are only short term. Which is why i never understand why insist on taking it anyway if the shit is just gonna come back :S So frustrating. I know people have to go on multiple courses for accutane but the remission between the courses are a lot longer than that of an antibiotic.

if you want to make your acne worse but still stay healthy, drink some colostrum everyday. and if the derm tries to get you on antibiotics just say you have gut flora/stomach problems and that you've reacted badly to them when you received them some other time like when you had the flu or after a surgery. thats what i did and i walked in to my derms office the first day and walked out with a prescription in less than 15 minutes.

if you want to make your acne worse but still stay healthy, drink some colostrum everyday. and if the derm tries to get you on antibiotics just say you have gut flora/stomach problems and that you've reacted badly to them when you received them some other time like when you had the flu or after a surgery. thats what i did and i walked in to my derms office the first day and walked out with a prescription in less than 15 minutes.

THANKS!

You and me both! I have the same severity type as well. I have asked twice and got turned down both times only to try other antibiotics, one of which (bactrim DS) i refuse to take because i know antibiotics are only short term. Which is why i never understand why insist on taking it anyway if the shit is just gonna come back :S So frustrating. I know people have to go on multiple courses for accutane but the remission between the courses are a lot longer than that of an antibiotic.

Antibiotics are a pain in the *ss. I used to take Doxy and it didn't do ANYTHING, except make me feel nauseous. I don't get all the hype about the symptoms from Accutane; bloody nose, fatigue, dry skin what's the big deal? I can take that and college starts soon, I want my skin to look decent.

Because those are the common symptoms, the less common are the bad ones, night blindness, hair loss, hearing loss, ect

Because those are the common symptoms, the less common are the bad ones, night blindness, hair loss, hearing loss, ect

Antibiotics are a pain in the *ss. I used to take Doxy and it didn't do ANYTHING, except make me feel nauseous. I don't get all the hype about the symptoms from Accutane; bloody nose, fatigue, dry skin what's the big deal? I can take that and college starts soon, I want my skin to look decent.

Well all the less common side effects in drugs are usually the bad ones.

I hate my dermatologist :confused:

Saw him today, and he was like "No way on earth you are going on Accutane. If you want clear skin, you should get a chemical peel, for a series of 3 or more treatments." I REFUSE TO GET ANOTHER CHEMICAL PEEL! I don't want my skin to erupt again.

But he also recommended that I take Acnezine?? :eh:

Isn't that an acne supplement? I heard so many good things about it.

Saw him today, and he was like "No way on earth you are going on Accutane. If you want clear skin, you should get a chemical peel, for a series of 3 or more treatments." I REFUSE TO GET ANOTHER CHEMICAL PEEL! I don't want my skin to erupt again.

Tell him that you are tired of wasting time with uneffective treatment and that you have a brother or someone related to you that has tried accutane, and the results were great.

Make sure you emphasize that nothing else will work, and you are tired of dealing with acne.

ADVICE: LIE!!! Always lie about being depressed due to acne, etcc

you get the pointtt

Well before I went to see the derm last week I was worried that he was gonna fob me off with more antibiotics so I prepared myself.

I told him te antibiotics upset my stomach....and went into detail!! Then I started crying, just a few tears, I will admit they were kind of half forced half not if you get me...I mean I could have composed myself if I had tried if you get me!

I told him that my life has changed and I was depressed and he immediately suggested it!

I think you have to lay it on thick, how old are you by the way??

Have u thought about changing derms??

I know I'm probably sounding crazy right now but before you start yelling at me about how you've already tried it...maybe you should try some retin-a's? It seems like a chemical peel has a similar effect and if you get a breakout from that maybe the retin-a would give you an initial breakout and prevent all those pores from clogging after that. Just a thought as I do not see one in your regimen. I've thought about going on accutane hundreds of times...thinking it over in my head. Heck I said I should just go on accutane a month or so ago. It's difficult to decide and although I've been recommended it by many derms my parents always said no and I would just use the prescriptions I was given and hope that it helped.

There is probably a reason why the doctor is saying no...he/she has went to school for a very long time to treat acne. Although I don't agree with doctors very much as they only look at what's on the outside, or the obvious, I do think they have pretty good judgment in these situations. However, if you are intent on going on accutane, I would most definitely not say you are depressed because of acne because then they will be afraid to put you on accutane for suicidal reasons.