Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My ex that I haven't seen in 3 1/2 years is in town and he contacted me saying he wants to see me. The problem is, since he left, my skin has been destroyed in every possible way.

He was an exchange student from Finland when I was in high school and we dated for a month. It was probably the peak of my attractiveness, skin-wise. Since we only had a month together he never really saw my unattractive side and NEVER saw me without make up (even though I probably didn't even need it, but I was convinced I did).

Now my skin is pretty badly scarred because in those 3 1/2 years I treated my skin like absolute shit. My acne is not as bad as it was 3-4 months ago, when I had the first and only severe breakout of my life, but it's still there and the acne + scarring just creates a menagerie of unattractiveness (did I use menagerie right? idk)

He already talked to my dad and my dad said I was in town. It would be rude to just not call him back, but I don't want him to be able to inspect me up close lol. Especially since he'll be curious to see how I've changed. I'm thinking have a quick dinner with him in a dark restaurant (there's a Thai restaurant where we had our first date) and then say bye forever.

His opinion of me isn't THAT important, I guess, it's just a sucky situation and can completely repeat itself with other people who I haven't seen in a while :/

Go see him. It shouldnt be that big a deal. People change, many people I knew put on weight when they went away to school. It didnt make me think any less of them. I know acne isnt the same thing, but its a similar situation.

I know it's hard, but you've got to stop thinking of him as the "enemy" who you have to look damn good for. It's always nice to feel smoking hot when you see an ex, but that confrontational way of looking at it isn't particularly healthy.

Go see him if you think you'd enjoy spending time with him again, and catching up. If you don't think you'll have fun, then don't - you shouldn't go out of obligation. My guess is that 4 years later, he just wants enjoy a night out with an old friend... not size up an old ex.

My guess is that 4 years later, he just wants enjoy a night out with an old friend... not size up an old ex.

agreed, and ya never know maybe he's developed some not so attractive features as well. im not saying this in a "ooo you got fat. that makes me feel better about myself" kinda way. i just mean it like everyones looks change for the worst or for the better, and if hes your friend, im sure he wont judge you harshly.

You dated one month 3 1/2 years ago. I probably wouldn't even bother unless you're interested in him or the possibility at all.

He might just be seeing if he can get lucky. Granted I really don't know any details at all. Just me being a male putting myself in his shoes. :think:

You dated one month 3 1/2 years ago. I probably wouldn't even bother unless you're interested in him or the possibility at all.

He might just be seeing if he can get lucky. Granted I really don't know any details at all. Just me being a male putting myself in his shoes. :think:

Ha maybe, I'd like to think this is a somewhat different situation since he rarely visits America. Either way he's not getting lucky..

HAHAHA Alex you were totally right! But it's ok I was feelin it too

My ex that I haven't seen in 3 1/2 years is in town and he contacted me saying he wants to see me. The problem is, since he left, my skin has been destroyed in every possible way.

He was an exchange student from Finland when I was in high school and we dated for a month. It

You should definitely go see him! I've had similiar situations where people have not seen me in a year or so and my skin got worse during that time but everything went well anyway :D The rule of thumb is: if you dont see it, they wont. Besides, meeting him with slightly worse skin beats not meeting him at all right?