Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I am back on acne.org to help you all and will stay on here and continue to help you all. In March 2008 (the worst year of my life.) I can remember it was March the 7th 2008. I was struck with chicken pox. the pox were so bad that they left hideous scars on my face. about 30 scars. The scars were DEEP. these are the treatments that i did in 2 years

10 microdermabrasions

2 chemical peels

4 fractional starlux palomar lasers

6 TCA Acid peels

self needling

self dermarolling (mild)

before you treat any fresh scars or before starting any treatments you need to get rid of the blemished yucky outer layers. it will not get rid of them completely but will help you little by little to show the fresh skin that you should then treat. Please PM me and I will recommend you a doc in London for peels - the same doc does the fractional lasers

I then did the fractional lasers. these helps i would say 7%

TCA helped because TCA deals with individual scars. remember this is not a fast process it is a slow one and you need to have endurance. (I will recommend you a good doctor in London) - from personal experience - this worked 30% - it will be free on the NHS!

I will also show you how to self needle and what needles to get.

I thank someone on acne.org for this greatly. his name is lamarr and from his personal experience I can tell you that scars will go!

please get the right supplements............ invest in perfectil tablets for your nutrients and vitamins and also your vitamin c............ here is what my scars looked like.......

and a pic of what they look like now ....... Use this thread as I will answer all your questions daily and will assist you all...... your scars CAN go...... I have not put everything down but once the questions start rolling I will help

the bright picture is the one taken 3 months ago and since then scars have faded abit more!

(the scars were all over my face by the way and the pics do not justify how bad they were)

post-87983-1279058180_thumb.jpg

post-87983-1279058782_thumb.jpg

post-87983-1279058180_thumb.jpg

post-87983-1279058782_thumb.jpg

another pic.. i think there is somthing wrong with uploading pics. it has given me a hard time and not letting me!!!!!!!!!!!

derma rolling .... do you need to dermaroll individual scars?? or do you need to dermaroll a big area of skin

post-87983-1279059673.jpg

post-87983-1279059673.jpg

dermarolling is your best bet. get it done professionally first. 2 settings professional and then you can start doing it yourself.......... the best roller i can recommend you is the dr roller. 1.5mm. go on ebay and type dr roller 1.5mm and use that with your terproline and leds.... if you can , buy the red led light from www.babyquasar.co.uk... that is a healing light and will help

dermarolling is your best bet. get it done professionally first. 2 settings professional and then you can start doing it yourself.......... the best roller i can recommend you is the dr roller. 1.5mm. go on ebay and type dr roller 1.5mm and use that with your terproline and leds.... if you can , buy the red led light from www.babyquasar.co.uk... that is a healing light and will help

I have a red light from 'the led man' already, will this be ok? I've also just ordered Terproline Professional yesterday. All I need now is a dermaroller but I was thinking of using a 0.5 mm instead just to see how my skin reacts. How often do you recommend I should roll with a .5 roller? Also have you ever used Terproline/Led lights in conjunction with a chemical peel? Sorry for all the questions but it's not everyday you see a success story here.

I have a red light from 'the led man' already, will this be ok? I've also just ordered Terproline Professional yesterday. All I need now is a dermaroller but I was thinking of using a 0.5 mm instead just to see how my skin reacts. How often do you recommend I should roll with a .5 roller? Also have you ever used Terproline/Led lights in conjunction with a chemical peel? Sorry for all the questions but it's not everyday you see a success story here.

yup u can use the red...yet the resuls wont be as good as if u used a combination one (red/infrared/yellow). the ones from LED man are usually better (they are bigger, cheaper and from my experience - better quality). you can use LEDs after any treatment e.g. needling or peels to improve the healing process. if you can start with the 0.5 roller but be aware the results will be limited (as its not going in too deep)...i think the 0.5 is used mainly to help cosmetics enter the skin. anyhoo all the best !

How much improvement did you get from the microdermabrasion sessions?

You have given me hope, that maybe one day my scars will be less noticable

thank you!

Wow Awesome Results...!!! you serously gave me hopes for my mild scarring .......I thought i had to stay with them for my life....N what do u mean by getting rid of the damaged skin before dermarolling ...i do have some PIH left that means i can't roll???....I ordered a 1.5 roller with egf cream ....any suggestions on what to add

Thanks and your skin is looking Gr8!!!!!

Edited by acnehit20

sydney_fellow you are right about 0.5 rollers.......

always start with the 1.5 roller dont waste your money on 0.5

microdermabrasion does not get rid of scars, but will lessen the pigmentation

ok - when i had the scars I had discolouration as well..... i was upset because the scars were fresh and the discolouration was with it too..... my doc (who is one of the best) has told me that discolouration of a red colour will ALWAYS go so if you have discolouration try and help them as much as possible....... chemical peels whether or not you have scars are good BECAUSE they remove the top layer and give you a fresh layer..........so it isnt really a scar treatment but a help to your skin and to give it the glow....microdermabrasion is ok but chemical peels are good .............. my microdermabrasions cost me 10 for £500 and the chemical peels were £50

I also had fractional laser done.... starlux palomar 450 and the results are painfully slow but there are results after 8 months ul see slow improvment

always remember one thing....... you have a scar because the skin is damaged and the skin does not have a brain to know the cosmetic implications of it... you then have to give it another injury - (in low doses) for it to re-mold

when i had scars all i wanted to do was sleep all day and i was so depressed (now I have other isues to deal with) .......so problems are ongoing but scarring took 2 years away from my life that i cant get back......I still have the scars but they are less to a point that I dont stress about them

remember guys you want scarring to go to a point where you dont worry about them not think about getting rid of them completely and obsessing over that - people who dont have scars see the overall texture and skin in general.. we pick the little imperfections and I still have the scars but noticed over 2 years that the hard work i put in i saw the results after 2 years..... not after 6 months.....

all of you before you start your treatments invest in good suppliments. because your skin needs nutritions and it will aid in the healing. I will post pics of the supplements later. and drink at least 8 glasses water daily.... dont forget your fruit and veggies and lots of protein and fresh (juicer) juices..........

Guys I know the 0.5 roller won't really make a difference to my scars but like I said I just want to see how my skin reacts first and then i'll move on to a 1.0 or 1.5 roller. How often did you roll? Every month? I think this is important as I don't want to damage any new collagen formation.

I will put more pics tonight........ also please see posts by lamarr... he is a star and he helped me alot! his is the ultimate success story

does anyone know how to upload pics another way i am sick of this thing telling me that i dont have space to submit pics. i might as well submit links... help

Edited by shortypinky

ok here is a pic of both cheeks

thank you indeed for starting this thread and sharing your experience with us, giving us hope, that things arent as bad as we think they are, and perhaps we could get rid of our pits as you did...

on the 1st 2 pics you've uploaded, your scars are clearly visible, the photos are of a very good quality I have to admit..., but as for the last pic, the one which should basically show the whole progress thing, not much is visible, perhaps that's cause you didn't take the photo from a side of your face (not the same angle as the 1st pics). I just want to say, that we are all very excited to witness your skin's imprvement, so please, upload another pic!

again, thanks!

ok in this pic........ ... can you see the scars? they are visible ....... ..... they are still there but not as visible as before.........what you guys need is 80% 90% improvement not complete eradication....this was 6 months after the main scarring but it STILL affected me.... now they have less-ened 80% more than that..... one on my forehead is still bothering me but i am needling it...

post-87983-1279290921_thumb.jpg

post-87983-1279290921_thumb.jpg

meh...

couple of scars are cute.

ok in this pic........ ... can you see the scars? they are visible ....... ..... they are still there but not as visible as before.........what you guys need is 80% 90% improvement not complete eradication....this was 6 months after the main scarring but it STILL affected me.... now they have less-ened 80% more than that..... one on my forehead is still bothering me but i am needling it...