Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At what time does everyone go to bed?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. At what time does everyone go to bed?

• Sleep between 8PM to 12AM.
    • Sleep between 12AM to 4AM.

I’ve heard somewhere on radio station that the lungs, liver, and kidneys start to filter out all these impurities from our bodies between 9PM up to 7AM in the morning while we are sleeping. If we don't sleep during these hours, our organs become dysfunction and lose the abilities to filter out these toxics. These impurities are then pushed out through the pores on the face leading to breakouts.

So I think sleeping late for over a long period of time will directly cause breakouts. I used to have clear skin back when I was 19 year old. At around 20 year old due to college work, I went to sleep at 4AM in the morning for the whole week and my face broke out badly. I believed that I have acne ever since then. The pimples keep popping up on my face and never stopped.

I'm trying to sleep at 10PM now, but unfortunately the damage has already been done.

Hi roxxylynn,

If you have to work at 3rd shift, then you need to try to get more than 8 hours of sleep during the day without any interrupting. Hopefully, your internal body clock will adjust and reverse around by then.

Hi 15yr old,

Since you are still young, and now you know that sleeping late is bad.

If you try to sleep before 10PM from now on, not only it may help your acne but it will also help your whole body and all the internal organs to function better.

lol, I don't think it matters when you sleep, it's how much sleep you get that's important.. if you sleep at 4AM and wake up at 12PM or sleep at 11 and wake up at 7 there is no difference.

lol, I don't think it matters when you sleep, it's how much sleep you get that's important.. if you sleep at 4AM and wake up at 12PM or sleep at 11 and wake up at 7 there is no difference.

I agree with Joeltp85, the earlier you go to sleep and the earlier you wake up is much more healthier to our over all health.

Totally untrue. Your body doesn't know what time it is; it's 24 hour clock is not synced up to the one on your shelf. What if you were knocked out, taken into a different timezone and put into a dark room where you slept whenever you want. Would it make your skin worse?

No.

for some reason the body gets warmer later in the evening making it sweat out more and making the skin oily causing breakouts.

for some reason the body gets warmer later in the evening making it sweat out more and making the skin oily causing breakouts.

Actually, the hours do matter. Sleeping 12 to 8 isn't nearly as good as sleeping between 10 and 6. The body repairs itself between the hours of about 9 pm and 2 am, but you have to be asleep for this to work.

As Ben said, the body does not know what time it is.. Time is just a construct of the mind, not the body